Planning for Midrealm 40 year? Sept 14?

  • Fern
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 3, 2008

      Dear SCA-folk, Aryeton and friends,

      Now that the Pennsic excitement is over, and other summer activities are finished, it's a good time to think about more excitement!

      Who wants to talk about hosting the Midrealm 40-Year Celebration for sometime in 2009? I would really like to have a get-together conference with those who are interested in putting together an event bid. There have been so many good ideas about sites and and dates that it will be hard to settle down.

      How about an early conference on Sept 14th before the next Aryeton meeting, at the same location?  Acelina (I refer, of course, to Mistress Acelina! Congratulations!) says that we can use the church at an earlier time, say 4 pm. The Aryeton meeting is at 6 pm, so we would have plenty of time to talk. The next Aryeton meeting is at Roselle United Methodist Church, 206 Rush St,Roselle, IL 60172, according to Philip's email.

      At this time, there is no event bid from any other local group. In order to make the fundamental decision of whether we (the Incipient Barony) might even be interested, we should all get together and discuss our options. Then we can present the information at the Aryeton meeting. Of couse, this planning conference is not restricted to Aryeton people, in case anyone from Ravenslake or another group has some good ideas. The more, the merrier!

      We need to consider when, where, what kind of event (large vs small, camping vs day, choice of activities, themes), and how much to spend. Please bring along all your ideas on sites and all possible information about the site. The Midrealm will provide some level of financial support, depending upon our event bid.

      Hoping to see you soon,

      Fern
    • Dayle Harding
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 4, 2008

        Hi Fern and all

        Henry approached me at MKAOD and asked if we could also have fight practice that day at RUMC, rather than the usual Ida Noyes, so that people wouldn't have to travel back and forth so much.  Our Shire member who belongs to that church is checking on that.  So, potentially, there could be fighting, meeting, all sorts of wonderful stuff.  Also, this IS a Methodist church, so potlucks are practically mandatory (any of you who grew up Protestant will understand that), and if we want to meet and everything else, that does seem to make sense.  So, bring food, non-alcoholic drinks, and lets meet!

        Acelina (who's working on getting used to the Mistress part, thanks for the wishes :-) )

      • thomashughes06@comcast.net
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 4, 2008
          Holding the Midrealm's 40th anniversary in Chicagoland.  Great idea since we started here.

          Sean

          From: Dayle Harding <acelinaofderelei@...>

          Hi Fern and all

          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 5, 2008
            Oh, Acelina, that would be really nice, if you can get it to work! Everyone together is the best of all! Since the meeting is next week, not this Sunday, we have enough time to plan for it and to advertise to all the groups, too!

            Fern

            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 5, 2008
              I have contacted the RUMC secretary and am awaiting a reply. I think is is more likely than not to be ok.

               Kathy Westburg