Need More Info on Fox Hunt (wasTeachers Wanted)

  • AndreAllen@aol.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 26, 2008
      I just checked the Midrealm calendar for info on this event and find no web presence.  Can you tell those of us from outside Ayerton more about this event?

      AElfred

      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 26, 2008
        I shall let the autocrats know about that missing link. However, I am more than willing to fill you in on Fox Hunt.
        This is an event held at the Kendall County Fair Grounds, this year on the 20th of Sept. It will open at 9:30 am for the populace. We have merchants, heavy weapons fighting, rapier fighting, archery, kids boffer, a childs fox hunt, with other children's activities, including classes, and games. There will be a lunch of a meat pie or a veggie pie, with chips, fruit, and a drink...price is tba. There is also a grand feast. We have had people stand up in the third remove begging for no more, then have them served a last remove.
        This year there is a small difference going on. On the archery field there will be a fundraiser shoot for the Juvinile Diabetes Research fund...You buy your arrows, and then money goes to the fund. There may also be a heavy, and rapier tourney similar to this.
        Also new this year is that our Children's leader is putting together a children's clothes swap. So bring clothes your children are no longer able to fit in, and be able to trade them in for clothes that will fit them. This is all a new concept, so may be limited in choices at first but we are hoping it will grow.
        There are going to be A&S classes as well. There is plenty of room to bring tons of people,so please do come! It is a fun event in which all the family enjoys.
        If you wish to see more information like fees and such.... www.foxvale.org can take you there and just click on the link for the fox hunt. Hope this helps any and all.
        In Service
        Francesca

        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 26, 2008
          Hello AElfred,

          The Midrealm calendar is updated with the link and the info is now posted on the Foxvale website.

          --Richard

          On Tue, Aug 26, 2008 at 7:33 PM, <AndreAllen@...> wrote:
[...]

          Get the MapQuest Toolbar. Directions, Traffic, Gas Prices & More!

        • Earik MacSkellie

            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 29, 2008
              Do the fairgrounds (Fox Hunt location) have a street address (for the
              GPS-dependent :-).
              Thank you,
              Antonie

              --- In Ayreton@yahoogroups.com, "Earik MacSkellie"

              http://www.foxvale.org/Events/FoxHunt.php

              > > --Richard
              > >
              > > On Tue, Aug 26, 2008 at 7:33 PM, <AndreAllen@...> wrote:
              > >
              > >> I just checked the Midrealm calendar for info on this event and
              find no
              > >> web presence. Can you tell those of us from outside Ayerton
              more about this
              > >> event?
              > >>
              > >> AElfred

              ncid=mpqmap00050000000010>.

              Message 6 of 7 , Aug 29, 2008
                Im not sure of the exact address, however, if you plug in the intersection of RT. 47 and RT. 71, you should be able to find the directions there. Also on the website, there is more directions and helpful links. www.foxvale.org