Re: Beginner lit

  • Timothy Lyon
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 22, 2008
      --- In Ayreton@yahoogroups.com, "arngrimbjornson"
      <arngrimbjornson@...> wrote:

      > --- In Ayreton@yahoogroups.com, "Timothy Lyon" <twlyon24@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Is it your primary, i.e. right shoulder? Start practicing off-
      > handed.
      > > Interestingly enough, learning with the off-hand translates to
      your
      > > primary hand. In rapier, if you have good fundamentals and
      > techniques
      > > you will be surprised how little difference it makes which hand
      is
      > > being used..
      > >
      > > Logos
      > >
      > > --- In Ayreton@yahoogroups.com, "arngrimbjornson"
      > <arngrimbjornson@>
      > > wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Hey guys, quick question. I'm gonna try to make the practices
      > can,
      > > > but with this bum shoulder still healing, I can't do much
      > fighting.
      > > Is
      > > > there some good literature/manuals I could be reading to
      practice
      > > with
      > > > in the mean time? Specifically, rapier-centric?
      > > >

      > Hmm. Thanks for all the advice, folks. I went ahead and ordered
      the
      > Art of Defense from Chivalry Bookshelf, but I'm also in need of a
      > practice blade, since I don't think my hand-and-a-half waster is
      > really appropriate here. Is the hanwei practical longsword from
      > Chivalry any good?

      Well....

      Gen 3 hanwei practical longswords (available from many places) are
      experimental for Cut and Thrust. They are not legal, nor probably
      really what you want, for rapier.

      Why don't you email me so I can get better idea of what you're
      looking for and try to point you in the right direction.

      Logos
      twlyon24@...