Metal and Glassworkers’ Symposium in Calo ntir/B3R (St. Louis, Mo) Labor Day Weekend

  • Aldyet Le Chaundeleur
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 20, 2008
      As it really is only a 5-6 hour drive down there, I thought some of you might be interested in a really unusual event happening down in the Barony Of Three Rivers in Calontir (St. Louis, MO). I know it is the same time as MKAOD, but just in case there was anyone interested, I thought I would pass on the information. If anyone does decide they want to go, let me know as this use to be my home group, and we are goooood friends with the people hosting it.

      They have classes, workshops, and demos covering almost anything including metal and glass than you can hit with a Mallet or a Hammer!
      "There will be in-depth exploration of the medieval metal and glassworking arts, with classes, demos, and hands-on projects that you get to take home with you. Come and join the fun, hit metal, heat glass, and join us all around the bonfire in the evenings!"

      Classes include:

      Chasing and Repousse, Carving Soapstone, Multi-part molds, knife making, smelting, maille, seax making, bronze casting, medieval metalwork designs, period arrowheads, heat treatment of steel in period, children's activites,  file cutting, stained glass cutting, foiling, soldering, smithing, wrought iron, die cutting for coin making, bell casting, coin stamping.

      Location: Warrenton, MO
      When: Labor Day Weekend (29 August — 1 September)
      What: More metal and glass than you can hit with a Mallet or a Hammer!
      How Much: Site fee $7. Children 5-12 $3, under 5 free. Family cap $20. Non-Member Surcharge will be in effect. ($3)
      Facilities: The usual Port-O-Johns will be available; showers will not. This is a camping event, so be prepared!
      Food: Nearest food is 9 miles offsite. Inns will be available Sat-Sun, monday b'fast
      To bring: Chairs may be in short supply. If you want to sit while you work, consider bringing your own.

      --
      Lady Verena Entenwirth
      Visit my German Ren blog

      Visit my A&S 50 Competition Page