Re: Home School Demo

  • Sarafina Sinclair
    Message 1 of 14 , Aug 20, 2008
      Hello Friends,

      Based on the response I've received, it looks like October 11th will be the best date for the demo. Now that we've decided that, I can make some more concrete plans.

      I am out of town on a business trip to Florida until Friday. Please keep me in your good thoughts as I'm not looking forward to flying into a storm. I'll report more on the demo next week.

      In Service,

      Sarafina :D

      On 8/18/08, Sarafina Sinclair <sarafina.sinclair@...> wrote:
      Greetings Citizens!

      I am writing to propose two dates for the big demo we agreed to do for the home school group: September 13 or October 11. The idea is to set up stations for folks to visit rather than putting on a show that people watch. I'd like to have stations that represent the major activities that we do and also to have roaming SCAdians to answer any questions that folks may have.

      I'll need someone to run the following stations (listed in no particular order of importance). Please feel free to suggest any additional stations you feel would be needed:

      European/Middle Eastern Dance
      Armored Combat (heavy)/Rapier Combat
      Youth Boffer
      Bardic/Performance Arts
      Textile Arts (spinning, weaving, costume, etc)
      Studio Arts (such as wood/metal/leatherworking, C&I, etc)

      I know that the ability to attend will depend on the date, so please please let ME know ASAP which date works best so I can secure a location. (Right now I am looking at forest preserve picnic groves). Please respond directly to ME if you'd like to run one of the stations or just help in general. There is potential for upwards of 100 families to attend.

      Thank you in advance for your help with this demo!!

      Sarafina :D