RE: [Ayreton] Home School Demo

  • Sheehan, Justin
    Message 1 of 14 , Aug 19, 2008

      I’d think that makes 10/11 the date to go with, since a youth fighter (or handful of youth fighters) would be a key element in this kind of demo. My expertise is sort of out of the scope of a demo focused on teenagers (although a corps of youngsters brewing soda and root beer would be pretty awesome), but I’d be happy to help if I can.

      Cheers,

      Eoghan

      Message 2 of 14 , Aug 19, 2008
        I would also be more inclined (ie - healed enough) to help out for the October date.
        I can do something for ME dance if you still need someone.

        Smiles,
        Jale

        Message 3 of 14 , Aug 19, 2008
          Sarafina,

          Anton brought this up to me last night. I know it doesn't help,
          but we can help with either date. As always he can do rapier, and
          while I don't have any A&S skills I can always answer questions for
          people.

          Cheers & Kisses
          Keiley
          --- In Ayreton@yahoogroups.com, "Sarafina Sinclair"
          <Sarafina.Sinclair@...> wrote:

          > Greetings Citizens!
          >
          > I am writing to propose two dates for the big demo we agreed to do
          for the
          > home school group: September 13 or October 11. The idea is to set up
          > stations for folks to visit rather than putting on a show that
          people watch.
          > I'd like to have stations that represent the major activities that
          we do and
          > also to have roaming SCAdians to answer any questions that folks
          may have.

          > I'll need someone to run the following stations (listed in no
          particular
          > order of importance). Please feel free to suggest any additional
          stations
          > you feel would be needed:
          >
          > European/Middle Eastern Dance
          > Armored Combat (heavy)/Rapier Combat
          > Youth Boffer
          > Bardic/Performance Arts
          > Textile Arts (spinning, weaving, costume, etc)
          > Studio Arts (such as wood/metal/leatherworking, C&I, etc)
          >
          > I know that the ability to attend will depend on the date, so
          please please
          > let ME know ASAP which date works best so I can secure a location.
          (Right
          > now I am looking at forest preserve picnic groves). Please respond
          directly
          > to ME if you'd like to run one of the stations or just help in
          general.
          > There is potential for upwards of 100 families to attend.
          >
          > Thank you in advance for your help with this demo!!
          >
          > Sarafina :D
          >
          > --
          > Mistress Sarafina Sinclair, OL
          > http://ladysarafina.home.att.net

        • Dayle Harding
          Message 4 of 14 , Aug 19, 2008
            Your Excellency (Keiley, I mean, as there are several around)--

            Not only can you provide a fine example of color, including a cool hat, we will probably also want a good number of constables (in addition to marshals) for the fighting stuff with that many visitors in attendance.  Especially if there are alot of kids around.  While most will probably be fine, the more you have the greater the chances of one or two being a bit on the high activity side.  And, we just like hanging with ya....

            Acelina

            Message 5 of 14 , Aug 19, 2008

              <Sarafina.Sinclair@ ...> wrote:

              > Greetings Citizens!
              >
              > I am writing to propose two dates for the big demo we agreed to do
              for the
              > home school group: September 13 or October 11. The idea is to set up
              > stations for folks to visit rather than putting on a show that
              people watch.
              > I'd like to have stations that represent the major activities that
              we do and
              > also to have roaming SCAdians to answer any questions that folks
              may have.

              > I'll need someone to run the following stations (listed in no
              particular
              > order of importance). Please feel free to suggest any additional
              stations
              > you feel would be needed:
              >
              > European/Middle Eastern Dance
              > Armored Combat (heavy)/Rapier Combat
              > Youth Boffer
              > Bardic/Performance Arts
              > Textile Arts (spinning, weaving, costume, etc)
              > Studio Arts (such as wood/metal/leatherw orking, C&I, etc)
              >
              > I know that the ability to attend will depend on the date, so
              please please
              > let ME know ASAP which date works best so I can secure a location.
              (Right
              > now I am looking at forest preserve picnic groves). Please respond
              directly
              > to ME if you'd like to run one of the stations or just help in
              general.
              > There is potential for upwards of 100 families to attend.
              >
              > Thank you in advance for your help with this demo!!
              >
              > Sarafina :D
              >
              > --
              > Mistress Sarafina Sinclair, OL
              > http://ladysarafina .home.att. net

            • Tom Hughes
              Message 6 of 14 , Aug 19, 2008

                Fern,

                I could come down to the demo and marshal youth combat.  I will bring our son Jason.

                Sean o’Shaughnessy

                Message 7 of 14 , Aug 20, 2008
                  Hi Sarafina!

                  I work September 13 but could be avalible October 11.

                  Thanks for schedualling something like this. Let us know when we have
                  something more solid planned.

                  ~Philip

                  <Sarafina.Sinclair@...> wrote:

                  > Greetings Citizens!
                  >
                  > I am writing to propose two dates for the big demo we agreed to do
                  for the
                  > home school group: September 13 or October 11. The idea is to set up
                  > stations for folks to visit rather than putting on a show that
                  people watch.
                  > I'd like to have stations that represent the major activities that
                  we do and
                  > also to have roaming SCAdians to answer any questions that folks
                  may have.

                  > I'll need someone to run the following stations (listed in no
                  particular
                  > order of importance). Please feel free to suggest any additional
                  stations
                  > you feel would be needed:
                  >
                  > European/Middle Eastern Dance
                  > Armored Combat (heavy)/Rapier Combat
                  > Youth Boffer
                  > Bardic/Performance Arts
                  > Textile Arts (spinning, weaving, costume, etc)
                  > Studio Arts (such as wood/metal/leatherworking, C&I, etc)
                  >
                  > I know that the ability to attend will depend on the date, so
                  please please
                  > let ME know ASAP which date works best so I can secure a location.
                  (Right
                  > now I am looking at forest preserve picnic groves). Please respond
                  directly
                  > to ME if you'd like to run one of the stations or just help in
                  general.
                  > There is potential for upwards of 100 families to attend.
                  >
                  > Thank you in advance for your help with this demo!!
                  >
                  > Sarafina :D
                  >
                  > --
                  > Mistress Sarafina Sinclair, OL
                  > http://ladysarafina.home.att.net

                • K Westburg
                  Message 8 of 14 , Aug 20, 2008
                    I could do an October 11th demo. I can bring all or most of my CIRCA 1200 project; A living History presentation depicting peasant life in rural England 800 years ago.  It's  hands on and interactive for kids and adults. It was presented last year at Jubilee College Olde English Faire and was well received.

                     Kathy Westburg   aka Lady Katherine von Schlosserwald

                    <Sarafina.Sinclair@ ...> wrote:

                    > Greetings Citizens!
                    >
                    > I am writing to propose two dates for the big demo we agreed to do
                    for the
                    > home school group: September 13 or October 11. The idea is to set up
                    > stations for folks to visit rather than putting on a show that
                    people watch.
                    > I'd like to have stations that represent the major activities that
                    we do and
                    > also to have roaming SCAdians to answer any questions that folks
                    may have.

                    > I'll need someone to run the following stations (listed
                    in no
                    particular
                    > order of importance). Please feel free to suggest any additional
                    stations
                    > you feel would be needed:
                    >
                    > European/Middle Eastern Dance
                    > Armored Combat (heavy)/Rapier Combat
                    > Youth Boffer
                    > Bardic/Performance Arts
                    > Textile Arts (spinning, weaving, costume, etc)
                    > Studio Arts (such as wood/metal/leatherw orking, C&I, etc)
                    >
                    > I know that the ability to attend will depend on the date, so
                    please please
                    > let ME know ASAP which date works best so I can secure a location.
                    (Right
                    > now I am looking at forest preserve picnic groves). Please respond
                    directly
                    > to ME if you'd like to run one of the stations or just help in
                    general.
                    > There is potential for upwards of 100 families to attend.
                    >
                    > Thank you in advance for your help with this demo!!
                    >
                    > Sarafina :D
                    >
                    > --

                    Mistress Sarafina Sinclair, OL
                    > http://ladysarafina .home.att. net

                  • Sarafina Sinclair
                    Message 9 of 14 , Aug 20, 2008
                      Hello Friends,

                      Based on the response I've received, it looks like October 11th will be the best date for the demo. Now that we've decided that, I can make some more concrete plans.

                      I am out of town on a business trip to Florida until Friday. Please keep me in your good thoughts as I'm not looking forward to flying into a storm. I'll report more on the demo next week.

                      In Service,

                      Sarafina :D