Interested participant

  • arngrimbjornson
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 17, 2008
      Hey folks, I just spoke via e-mail with the chatelain a few days ago
      regarding the local SCA chapter here in the cook county area, and
      wanted to get to know a little bit more about the SCA and the folks
      around here who are part of it, as well as find out more about the
      heavy combat, archery, and rapier fighting you all are involved in.
    • Sarafina Sinclair
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 18, 2008
        Welcome to the SCA!

        There are multiple groups in the area so finding the one closest will just depend on where you live. Although, the beauty of the SCA is that you can play with any number of groups, regardless of your physical locale. In order to find out what's happening on any given day, you should check out the barony's website at www.ayreton.org. I know that any number of us would be happy to talk your ear off, so don't hesitate to call someone about an activity that you're interested in.

        In Service,

        Sarafina

        --
        Mistress Sarafina Sinclair, OL
        http://ladysarafina.home.att.net
        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 18, 2008
          Let me add my welcome as well Arngrim!
          I'm not sure where you are in Cook county but based on the list of interests you mentioned in your post, if you are available tomorrow night, (or most any Tuesday night) you are more than welcome to come by and visit our fight practice at the Glenbrook North High School. We practice there from 6:30 to 9 in the evening and we will have some heavy fighters, quite a few rapier fighters, and a couple of archers there for you to talk to. Come on out, as Sarafina said, there are more than a few of us that would be happy to talk your ear off! :)

          Welcome to the neighborhood, I hope to cross blades with you soon,
          Anton

          ________________________________
          > To: Ayreton@yahoogroups.com
          > From: Sarafina.Sinclair@...
          > Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2008 10:00:39 -0500
          > Subject: Re: [Ayreton] Interested participant
          >

          > Welcome to the SCA!
          >
          > There are multiple groups in the area so finding the one closest will just depend on where you live. Although, the beauty of the SCA is that you can play with any number of groups, regardless of your physical locale. In order to find out what's happening on any given day, you should check out the barony's website at www.ayreton.org. I know that any number of us would be happy to talk your ear off, so don't hesitate to call someone about an activity that you're interested in.
          >
          > In Service,
          >
          > Sarafina
          >

          > On 8/17/08, arngrimbjornson wrote:
          >
          > Hey folks, I just spoke via e-mail with the chatelain a few days ago
          > regarding the local SCA chapter here in the cook county area, and
          > wanted to get to know a little bit more about the SCA and the folks
          > around here who are part of it, as well as find out more about the
          > heavy combat, archery, and rapier fighting you all are involved in.
          >

          > --
          > Mistress Sarafina Sinclair, OL
          > http://ladysarafina.home.att.net

          Get thousands of games on your PC, your mobile phone, and the web with Windows®.
          http://clk.atdmt.com/MRT/go/108588800/direct/01/
        • Chris Anderson
          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 18, 2008
            Wow, thanks for the replies!  Though the name is Norse, it's more due to my being of Anglo & Norwegian stock (with a name like Chris Anderson, it kinda narrows your choices) than any preference for Norse culture, though I think that may be the persona I'll most likely assume.  I'm very interested in the big three (Heavy combat, rapier, & archery), though I can only claim to have a bit of training in the de Liberi/Vadi method of Italian longsword, and I haven't trained in a few years.  Still, all three are very appealing.  I'm in Buffalo Grove, so Glenbrook North is only a hop and a skip away.

            ____________ _________ _________ __

            ymailto="mailto:Sarafina.Sinclair%40gmail.com">Sarafina.Sinclair@ gmail.com
            > Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2008 10:00:39 -0500
            > Subject: Re: [Ayreton] Interested participant
            >

            > Welcome to the SCA!
            >
            > There are multiple groups in the area so finding the one closest will just depend on where you live. Although, the beauty of the SCA is that you can play with any number of groups, regardless of your physical locale. In order to find out what's happening on any given day, you should check out the barony's website at www.ayreton. org. I know that any number of us would be happy to talk your ear off, so don't hesitate to call someone about an activity that you're interested in.
            >
            > In Service,
            >
            > Sarafina
            >

            > On 8/17/08, arngrimbjornson wrote:
            >
            > Hey folks, I just spoke via e-mail with the chatelain a few days ago
            > regarding the local SCA chapter
            here in the cook county area, and
            > wanted to get to know a little bit more about the SCA and the folks
            > around here who are part of it, as well as find out more about the
            > heavy combat, archery, and rapier fighting you all are involved in.
            >

            > --
            > Mistress Sarafina Sinclair, OL
            > http://ladysarafina .home.att. net

            Get thousands of games on your PC, your mobile phone, and the web with Windows®.
            http://clk.atdmt. com/MRT/go/ 108588800/ direct/01/

          • Kristine Petroshius
            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 19, 2008

              Depending on what part of Buffalo Grove he's in; he also may be in Lake County.

              Hope to meet you Arngrim soon and welcome to the neighborhood.

              Kristiana

              I'm not sure where you are in Cook county but based on the list of interests you mentioned in your post, if you are available tomorrow night, (or most any Tuesday night) you are more than welcome to come by and visit our fight practice at the Glenbrook North High School. We practice there from 6:30 to 9 in the evening and we will have some heavy fighters, quite a few rapier fighters, and a couple of archers there for you to talk to. Come on out, as Sarafina said, there are more than a few of us that would be happy to talk your ear off! :)

              Welcome to the neighborhood, I hope to cross blades with you soon,
              Anton

              ____________ _________ _________ __

              > To: Ayreton@yahoogroups .com
              > From:
              ymailto="mailto:Sarafina.Sinclair%40gmail.com">Sarafina.Sinclair@ gmail.com
              > Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2008 10:00:39 -0500
              > Subject: Re: [Ayreton] Interested participant
              >

              > Welcome to the SCA!
              >
              > There are multiple groups in the area so finding the one closest will just depend on where you live. Although, the beauty of the SCA is that you can play with any number of groups, regardless of your physical locale. In order to find out what's happening on any given day, you should check out the barony's website at www.ayreton. org. I know that any number of us would be happy to talk your ear off, so don't hesitate to call someone about an activity that you're interested in.
              >
              > In Service,
              >
              > Sarafina
              >

              > On 8/17/08, arngrimbjornson wrote:
              >
              > Hey folks, I just spoke via e-mail with the chatelain a few days ago
              > regarding the local SCA chapter
              here in the cook county area, and
              > wanted to get to know a little bit more about the SCA and the folks
              > around here who are part of it, as well as find out more about the
              > heavy combat, archery, and rapier fighting you all are involved in.
              >

              > --
              > Mistress Sarafina Sinclair, OL
              > http://ladysarafina .home.att. net

              Get thousands of games on your PC, your mobile phone, and the web with Windows®.
              http://clk.atdmt. com/MRT/go/ 108588800/ direct/01/

            • Jenna
              Message 6 of 8 , Aug 20, 2008
                Hey Chris,

                It was awesome that you came out last night to fight practice. We
                hope to see you again next week. Here is my email address so we can
                get you hooked up with the Thieves-> LttleMS1@...

                Cheers
                Keiley

                --- In Ayreton@yahoogroups.com, "arngrimbjornson" <arngrimbjornson@...>

                Message 7 of 8 , Aug 20, 2008
                  --- In Ayreton@yahoogroups.com, "Jenna" <JKlauss@...> wrote:

                  > Hey Chris,
                  >
                  > It was awesome that you came out last night to fight practice.
                  We
                  > hope to see you again next week. Here is my email address so we
                  can
                  > get you hooked up with the Thieves-> LttleMS1@...
                  >
                  > Cheers
                  > Keiley
                  >
                  > --- In Ayreton@yahoogroups.com, "arngrimbjornson"
                  <arngrimbjornson@>
                  > wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Hey folks, I just spoke via e-mail with the chatelain a few days
                  ago
                  > > regarding the local SCA chapter here in the cook county area, and
                  > > wanted to get to know a little bit more about the SCA and the
                  folks
                  > > around here who are part of it, as well as find out more about
                  the
                  > > heavy combat, archery, and rapier fighting you all are involved
                  in.

                • arngrimbjornson
                  Message 8 of 8 , Aug 20, 2008
                    Well, I had alot of fun and hope to keep it up