Re: [Ayreton] Re: Middle Kingdom 40 year celebration--40 years and still going strong.

  • Joanne Labny
    Message 1 of 18 , Aug 7, 2008
      Another possible site is the Kendall Co Fair Grounds.  This is were Foxvale host's their annual event.  There is lots of space, both indoor and out, for activities and camping is allowed.  The only draw back is the kitchen does not have an oven or stove we can use, but that has never stopped us from having great feast.  Just another possible site that could be used.

      Fiona

      Message 2 of 18 , Aug 7, 2008
        I was wondering about camping possibilities there...that's good news! Are there showers/facilities available other than in the barn?

        Everyone knows we can always pull off a feast with outdoor grills...,mmmmmm grilled meat!

        Smiles,
        Jale

        Message 3 of 18 , Aug 7, 2008
          Unfortunately the only bathroom facilities are the ones in the main building.  There are a couple of hotels in the town of Yorkville just down Rte 47 for the sight for those who really feel they need the showers and don't want to camp.

          As far as the kitchen facilities, the draw backs have never stopped us from having a great feast.  You just have to use your creativity.  Nesco cookers, grills, etc have worked for us in the past.

          Fiona