Re: Bristol Faire

  • Eva
    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 31, 2008
      Thank you, kind lady! No worries, I can roll with the in-character
      thing; I have been a ren faire enthusiast for going on 7 seasons, and
      it actually took me longer to jump into the SCA because I was afraid it
      would all be dour scholars. (My SCA buddies laugh when I tell them
      that!)

      I will greet you in character as a traveler this weekend, and then I
      will know who you are so that I may greet you as myself at the next SCA
      event. :)

      -Elianora

      --- In Ayreton@yahoogroups.com, "asackville@..." <asackville@...> wrote:

      > Hi Elinora!
      >
      > Stop by the Nobles Glade this weekend and look for (character names)
      Baroness Howard of Effingham, Baroness Dacre, the Countess of
      Shrewsbury, Sir John Perrot and Lady Harrington. We're all SCA that
      take the summer off to play at Faire. Just a warning, we are supposed
      to remain in character, which is kind of like being in persona, only,
      we're protraying people that we have historical record of actually
      being at Elizabeth Tudor's Court. It can be a little freaky.

      > Fionnuala
      > Click to find local singles for dating, romance and fun.

      http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2141/fc/Ioyw6i3nguC2nQjScVdgAlT7bWMm
      YeEQMOlOJ3FYyI0R0tDtMUcehr/

    • Kerri-Ellen Kelly
      Message 2 of 11 , Jul 31, 2008
        Please also stop by the Dirty Duck Inn (where Thistlecroft used to be)
        if you are there on Sunday and ask for Margrett Norwoode. I will not be
        there on Saturday though. I love to meet new friends! I'll be wearing a
        red wool outfit with black wool trim on Sunday and am very short :-)

        Margrett Norwoode is both my SCA and my Bristol name, and I am in the
        Guilde of St Lawrence at Bristol. I consolidated my SCA & Bristol
        Elizabethan personas when I rejoined the SCA last year.

        Margrett a/k/a Kerri-Ellen

      • rdpierce@pobox.com
        Message 3 of 11 , Jul 31, 2008
          What a coincidence.... I'm going to the Faire this weekend too, likely
          Sunday.

          In service,
          Ryan Mackenzie
        • Joseph Kaplan
          Message 4 of 11 , Jul 31, 2008
            I as well am looking at a possible trip back in time on sunday.  Quite a strange coincidence indeed.

            Faithfully,
            Niall

            Message 5 of 11 , Jul 31, 2008
              With any luck the illness going around the boys in the family will have passed and we can come as well!
              I haven't been to Faire in a few years, so should be fun :)

              Should we set up a meeting time/place?

              Jale

              Message 6 of 11 , Jul 31, 2008
                I regret that I cannot come on Sunday because of another commitment,
                so I will only be at Bristol on Saturday. But I will look forward to
                meeting you at an SCA event in the future, Margrett!

                I'm sorry to miss Sunday, as that seems to be the better day for most
                people, but I'm glad to see that people will be able to meet up and
                visit. I will stop by the nobles' glade to meet Fionnuala/Baroness
                Dacre et al on Saturday.

                Safe travels to all!

                -Elianora

                --- In Ayreton@yahoogroups.com, "Kerri-Ellen Kelly"
                <lady_mairead@...> wrote:

                > Please also stop by the Dirty Duck Inn (where Thistlecroft used to
                be)
                > if you are there on Sunday and ask for Margrett Norwoode. I will
                not be
                > there on Saturday though. I love to meet new friends! I'll be
                wearing a
                > red wool outfit with black wool trim on Sunday and am very short :-)
                >
                > Margrett Norwoode is both my SCA and my Bristol name, and I am in
                the
                > Guilde of St Lawrence at Bristol. I consolidated my SCA & Bristol
                > Elizabethan personas when I rejoined the SCA last year.
                >
                > Margrett a/k/a Kerri-Ellen
                >

                > --- In Ayreton@yahoogroups.com, "asackville@" <asackville@> wrote:
                > >
                > > Hi Elinora!
                > >
                > > Stop by the Nobles Glade this weekend and look for (character
                names)
                > Baroness Howard of Effingham, Baroness Dacre, the Countess of
                > Shrewsbury, Sir John Perrot and Lady Harrington. We're all SCA that
                > take the summer off to play at Faire. Just a warning, we are
                supposed
                > to remain in character, which is kind of like being in persona,
                only,
                > we're protraying people that we have historical record of actually
                > being at Elizabeth Tudor's Court. It can be a little freaky.
                > >
                > > Fionnuala

              • Joseph Kaplan
                Message 7 of 11 , Aug 1, 2008
                  Well I won't be in garb as I have none yet, but I am more than willing enough to meet up, name a place and I'll be able to find it.

                  -Niall