Re: [Ayreton] Bristol Faire

  • asackville@juno.com
    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 30, 2008

      Hi Elinora!

      Stop by the Nobles Glade this weekend and look for (character names) Baroness Howard of Effingham, Baroness Dacre, the Countess of Shrewsbury, Sir John Perrot and Lady Harrington. We're all SCA that take the summer off to play at Faire. Just a warning, we are supposed to remain in character, which is kind of like being in persona, only, we're protraying people that we have historical record of actually being at Elizabeth Tudor's Court. It can be a little freaky.

      Fionnuala

      Click to find local singles for dating, romance and fun.

    • Eva
      Message 2 of 11 , Jul 31, 2008
        Thank you, kind lady! No worries, I can roll with the in-character
        thing; I have been a ren faire enthusiast for going on 7 seasons, and
        it actually took me longer to jump into the SCA because I was afraid it
        would all be dour scholars. (My SCA buddies laugh when I tell them
        that!)

        I will greet you in character as a traveler this weekend, and then I
        will know who you are so that I may greet you as myself at the next SCA
        event. :)

        -Elianora

        --- In Ayreton@yahoogroups.com, "asackville@..." <asackville@...> wrote:

        > Hi Elinora!
        >
        > Stop by the Nobles Glade this weekend and look for (character names)
        Baroness Howard of Effingham, Baroness Dacre, the Countess of
        Shrewsbury, Sir John Perrot and Lady Harrington. We're all SCA that
        take the summer off to play at Faire. Just a warning, we are supposed
        to remain in character, which is kind of like being in persona, only,
        we're protraying people that we have historical record of actually
        being at Elizabeth Tudor's Court. It can be a little freaky.

        > Fionnuala
        > Click to find local singles for dating, romance and fun.

        http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2141/fc/Ioyw6i3nguC2nQjScVdgAlT7bWMm
        YeEQMOlOJ3FYyI0R0tDtMUcehr/

      • Tom Hughes
        Message 3 of 11 , Jul 31, 2008

          Elianora,

          We will miss you at Pennsic.  Have fun at the faire.

          Sean

          Message 4 of 11 , Jul 31, 2008
            Please also stop by the Dirty Duck Inn (where Thistlecroft used to be)
            if you are there on Sunday and ask for Margrett Norwoode. I will not be
            there on Saturday though. I love to meet new friends! I'll be wearing a
            red wool outfit with black wool trim on Sunday and am very short :-)

            Margrett Norwoode is both my SCA and my Bristol name, and I am in the
            Guilde of St Lawrence at Bristol. I consolidated my SCA & Bristol
            Elizabethan personas when I rejoined the SCA last year.

            Margrett a/k/a Kerri-Ellen

          • rdpierce@pobox.com
            Message 5 of 11 , Jul 31, 2008
              What a coincidence.... I'm going to the Faire this weekend too, likely
              Sunday.

              In service,
              Ryan Mackenzie
            • Joseph Kaplan
              Message 6 of 11 , Jul 31, 2008
                I as well am looking at a possible trip back in time on sunday.  Quite a strange coincidence indeed.

                Faithfully,
                Niall

                Message 7 of 11 , Jul 31, 2008
                  With any luck the illness going around the boys in the family will have passed and we can come as well!
                  I haven't been to Faire in a few years, so should be fun :)

                  Should we set up a meeting time/place?

                  Jale

                  Message 8 of 11 , Jul 31, 2008
                    I regret that I cannot come on Sunday because of another commitment,
                    so I will only be at Bristol on Saturday. But I will look forward to
                    meeting you at an SCA event in the future, Margrett!

                    I'm sorry to miss Sunday, as that seems to be the better day for most
                    people, but I'm glad to see that people will be able to meet up and
                    visit. I will stop by the nobles' glade to meet Fionnuala/Baroness
                    Dacre et al on Saturday.

                    Safe travels to all!

                    -Elianora

                    --- In Ayreton@yahoogroups.com, "Kerri-Ellen Kelly"
                    <lady_mairead@...> wrote:

                    > Please also stop by the Dirty Duck Inn (where Thistlecroft used to
                    be)
                    > if you are there on Sunday and ask for Margrett Norwoode. I will
                    not be
                    > there on Saturday though. I love to meet new friends! I'll be
                    wearing a
                    > red wool outfit with black wool trim on Sunday and am very short :-)
                    >
                    > Margrett Norwoode is both my SCA and my Bristol name, and I am in
                    the
                    > Guilde of St Lawrence at Bristol. I consolidated my SCA & Bristol
                    > Elizabethan personas when I rejoined the SCA last year.
                    >
                    > Margrett a/k/a Kerri-Ellen
                    >

                    > --- In Ayreton@yahoogroups.com, "asackville@" <asackville@> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > Hi Elinora!
                    > >
                    > > Stop by the Nobles Glade this weekend and look for (character
                    names)
                    > Baroness Howard of Effingham, Baroness Dacre, the Countess of
                    > Shrewsbury, Sir John Perrot and Lady Harrington. We're all SCA that
                    > take the summer off to play at Faire. Just a warning, we are
                    supposed
                    > to remain in character, which is kind of like being in persona,
                    only,
                    > we're protraying people that we have historical record of actually
                    > being at Elizabeth Tudor's Court. It can be a little freaky.
                    > >
                    > > Fionnuala

                  • Joseph Kaplan
                    Message 9 of 11 , Aug 1 6:30 AM
                      Well I won't be in garb as I have none yet, but I am more than willing enough to meet up, name a place and I'll be able to find it.

                      -Niall