RE: [Ayreton] Bristol Faire

  • Sheehan, Justin
    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 30, 2008
      Welcome to Ayreton! I'm headed out to Pennsic, but have fun at the faire!

      Cheers,

      Eoghan O'Siodhachain

      Message 2 of 11 , Jul 30, 2008

        Hi Elinora!

        Stop by the Nobles Glade this weekend and look for (character names) Baroness Howard of Effingham, Baroness Dacre, the Countess of Shrewsbury, Sir John Perrot and Lady Harrington. We're all SCA that take the summer off to play at Faire. Just a warning, we are supposed to remain in character, which is kind of like being in persona, only, we're protraying people that we have historical record of actually being at Elizabeth Tudor's Court. It can be a little freaky.

        Fionnuala

        Click to find local singles for dating, romance and fun.

      • Eva
        Message 3 of 11 , Jul 31, 2008
          Thank you, kind lady! No worries, I can roll with the in-character
          thing; I have been a ren faire enthusiast for going on 7 seasons, and
          it actually took me longer to jump into the SCA because I was afraid it
          would all be dour scholars. (My SCA buddies laugh when I tell them
          that!)

          I will greet you in character as a traveler this weekend, and then I
          will know who you are so that I may greet you as myself at the next SCA
          event. :)

          -Elianora

          --- In Ayreton@yahoogroups.com, "asackville@..." <asackville@...> wrote:

          > Hi Elinora!
          >
          > Stop by the Nobles Glade this weekend and look for (character names)
          Baroness Howard of Effingham, Baroness Dacre, the Countess of
          Shrewsbury, Sir John Perrot and Lady Harrington. We're all SCA that
          take the summer off to play at Faire. Just a warning, we are supposed
          to remain in character, which is kind of like being in persona, only,
          we're protraying people that we have historical record of actually
          being at Elizabeth Tudor's Court. It can be a little freaky.

          > Fionnuala
          > Click to find local singles for dating, romance and fun.

          http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2141/fc/Ioyw6i3nguC2nQjScVdgAlT7bWMm
          YeEQMOlOJ3FYyI0R0tDtMUcehr/

        • Tom Hughes
          Message 4 of 11 , Jul 31, 2008

            Elianora,

            We will miss you at Pennsic.  Have fun at the faire.

            Sean

            Message 5 of 11 , Jul 31, 2008
              Please also stop by the Dirty Duck Inn (where Thistlecroft used to be)
              if you are there on Sunday and ask for Margrett Norwoode. I will not be
              there on Saturday though. I love to meet new friends! I'll be wearing a
              red wool outfit with black wool trim on Sunday and am very short :-)

              Margrett Norwoode is both my SCA and my Bristol name, and I am in the
              Guilde of St Lawrence at Bristol. I consolidated my SCA & Bristol
              Elizabethan personas when I rejoined the SCA last year.

              Margrett a/k/a Kerri-Ellen

            • rdpierce@pobox.com
              Message 6 of 11 , Jul 31, 2008
                What a coincidence.... I'm going to the Faire this weekend too, likely
                Sunday.

                In service,
                Ryan Mackenzie
              • Joseph Kaplan
                Message 7 of 11 , Jul 31, 2008
                  I as well am looking at a possible trip back in time on sunday.  Quite a strange coincidence indeed.

                  Faithfully,
                  Niall

                  Message 8 of 11 , Jul 31, 2008
                    With any luck the illness going around the boys in the family will have passed and we can come as well!
                    I haven't been to Faire in a few years, so should be fun :)

                    Should we set up a meeting time/place?

                    Jale

                    Message 9 of 11 , Jul 31, 2008
                      I regret that I cannot come on Sunday because of another commitment,
                      so I will only be at Bristol on Saturday. But I will look forward to
                      meeting you at an SCA event in the future, Margrett!

                      I'm sorry to miss Sunday, as that seems to be the better day for most
                      people, but I'm glad to see that people will be able to meet up and
                      visit. I will stop by the nobles' glade to meet Fionnuala/Baroness
                      Dacre et al on Saturday.

                      Safe travels to all!

                      -Elianora

                      --- In Ayreton@yahoogroups.com, "Kerri-Ellen Kelly"
                      <lady_mairead@...> wrote:

                      > Please also stop by the Dirty Duck Inn (where Thistlecroft used to
                      be)
                      > if you are there on Sunday and ask for Margrett Norwoode. I will
                      not be
                      > there on Saturday though. I love to meet new friends! I'll be
                      wearing a
                      > red wool outfit with black wool trim on Sunday and am very short :-)
                      >
                      > Margrett Norwoode is both my SCA and my Bristol name, and I am in
                      the
                      > Guilde of St Lawrence at Bristol. I consolidated my SCA & Bristol
                      > Elizabethan personas when I rejoined the SCA last year.
                      >
                      > Margrett a/k/a Kerri-Ellen
                      >

                      > --- In Ayreton@yahoogroups.com, "asackville@" <asackville@> wrote:
                      > >
                      > > Hi Elinora!
                      > >
                      > > Stop by the Nobles Glade this weekend and look for (character
                      names)
                      > Baroness Howard of Effingham, Baroness Dacre, the Countess of
                      > Shrewsbury, Sir John Perrot and Lady Harrington. We're all SCA that
                      > take the summer off to play at Faire. Just a warning, we are
                      supposed
                      > to remain in character, which is kind of like being in persona,
                      only,
                      > we're protraying people that we have historical record of actually
                      > being at Elizabeth Tudor's Court. It can be a little freaky.
                      > >
                      > > Fionnuala

                    • Joseph Kaplan
                      Message 10 of 11 , Aug 1, 2008
                        Well I won't be in garb as I have none yet, but I am more than willing enough to meet up, name a place and I'll be able to find it.

                        -Niall