Bristol Faire

  • Eva
    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 30, 2008
      Hello Ayreton,

      I don't think I've emailed the list before, so by way of intro, I'm
      Elianora, and I'm in Rokkehealden. I've been in the SCA a little over
      8 months. This whole "assimilating into an entirely new social circle"
      thing can be daunting, so THANK YOU to all who have been so welcoming
      and encouraging!

      I'm planning to go the Bristol Ren Faire this weekend, and in case
      anyone else won't be at Pennsic but will be at the faire, I would be
      pleased to meet more SCAdians. It will also give us something to do
      while everyone else is at the war! If you will be there and want to
      meet up, please drop me an email.

      Safe travels to all those driving/flying out to Pennsic!! Beat the
      East Kingdom (and whoever else we're supposed to beat - I'm still
      learning)!

      Elianora Saunfayle
      of Rokkehealden in Ayreton
    • Sheehan, Justin
      Message 2 of 11 , Jul 30, 2008
        Welcome to Ayreton! I'm headed out to Pennsic, but have fun at the faire!

        Cheers,

        Eoghan O'Siodhachain

      • asackville@juno.com
        Message 3 of 11 , Jul 30, 2008

          Hi Elinora!

          Stop by the Nobles Glade this weekend and look for (character names) Baroness Howard of Effingham, Baroness Dacre, the Countess of Shrewsbury, Sir John Perrot and Lady Harrington. We're all SCA that take the summer off to play at Faire. Just a warning, we are supposed to remain in character, which is kind of like being in persona, only, we're protraying people that we have historical record of actually being at Elizabeth Tudor's Court. It can be a little freaky.

          Fionnuala

          Click to find local singles for dating, romance and fun.

        • Eva
          Message 4 of 11 , Jul 31, 2008
            Thank you, kind lady! No worries, I can roll with the in-character
            thing; I have been a ren faire enthusiast for going on 7 seasons, and
            it actually took me longer to jump into the SCA because I was afraid it
            would all be dour scholars. (My SCA buddies laugh when I tell them
            that!)

            I will greet you in character as a traveler this weekend, and then I
            will know who you are so that I may greet you as myself at the next SCA
            event. :)

            -Elianora

            --- In Ayreton@yahoogroups.com, "asackville@..." <asackville@...> wrote:

            > Hi Elinora!
            >
            > Stop by the Nobles Glade this weekend and look for (character names)
            Baroness Howard of Effingham, Baroness Dacre, the Countess of
            Shrewsbury, Sir John Perrot and Lady Harrington. We're all SCA that
            take the summer off to play at Faire. Just a warning, we are supposed
            to remain in character, which is kind of like being in persona, only,
            we're protraying people that we have historical record of actually
            being at Elizabeth Tudor's Court. It can be a little freaky.

            > Fionnuala
            > Click to find local singles for dating, romance and fun.

            http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2141/fc/Ioyw6i3nguC2nQjScVdgAlT7bWMm
            YeEQMOlOJ3FYyI0R0tDtMUcehr/

          • Tom Hughes
            Message 5 of 11 , Jul 31, 2008

              Elianora,

              We will miss you at Pennsic.  Have fun at the faire.

              Sean

              Message 6 of 11 , Jul 31, 2008
                Please also stop by the Dirty Duck Inn (where Thistlecroft used to be)
                if you are there on Sunday and ask for Margrett Norwoode. I will not be
                there on Saturday though. I love to meet new friends! I'll be wearing a
                red wool outfit with black wool trim on Sunday and am very short :-)

                Margrett Norwoode is both my SCA and my Bristol name, and I am in the
                Guilde of St Lawrence at Bristol. I consolidated my SCA & Bristol
                Elizabethan personas when I rejoined the SCA last year.

                Margrett a/k/a Kerri-Ellen

              • rdpierce@pobox.com
                Message 7 of 11 , Jul 31, 2008
                  What a coincidence.... I'm going to the Faire this weekend too, likely
                  Sunday.

                  In service,
                  Ryan Mackenzie
                • Joseph Kaplan
                  Message 8 of 11 , Jul 31, 2008
                    I as well am looking at a possible trip back in time on sunday.  Quite a strange coincidence indeed.

                    Faithfully,
                    Niall

                    Message 9 of 11 , Jul 31, 2008
                      With any luck the illness going around the boys in the family will have passed and we can come as well!
                      I haven't been to Faire in a few years, so should be fun :)

                      Should we set up a meeting time/place?

                      Jale

                      Message 10 of 11 , Jul 31, 2008
                        I regret that I cannot come on Sunday because of another commitment,
                        so I will only be at Bristol on Saturday. But I will look forward to
                        meeting you at an SCA event in the future, Margrett!

                        I'm sorry to miss Sunday, as that seems to be the better day for most
                        people, but I'm glad to see that people will be able to meet up and
                        visit. I will stop by the nobles' glade to meet Fionnuala/Baroness
                        Dacre et al on Saturday.

                        Safe travels to all!

                        -Elianora

                        --- In Ayreton@yahoogroups.com, "Kerri-Ellen Kelly"
                        <lady_mairead@...> wrote:

                        > Please also stop by the Dirty Duck Inn (where Thistlecroft used to
                        be)
                        > if you are there on Sunday and ask for Margrett Norwoode. I will
                        not be
                        > there on Saturday though. I love to meet new friends! I'll be
                        wearing a
                        > red wool outfit with black wool trim on Sunday and am very short :-)
                        >
                        > Margrett Norwoode is both my SCA and my Bristol name, and I am in
                        the
                        > Guilde of St Lawrence at Bristol. I consolidated my SCA & Bristol
                        > Elizabethan personas when I rejoined the SCA last year.
                        >
                        > Margrett a/k/a Kerri-Ellen
                        >

                        > --- In Ayreton@yahoogroups.com, "asackville@" <asackville@> wrote:
                        > >
                        > > Hi Elinora!
                        > >
                        > > Stop by the Nobles Glade this weekend and look for (character
                        names)
                        > Baroness Howard of Effingham, Baroness Dacre, the Countess of
                        > Shrewsbury, Sir John Perrot and Lady Harrington. We're all SCA that
                        > take the summer off to play at Faire. Just a warning, we are
                        supposed
                        > to remain in character, which is kind of like being in persona,
                        only,
                        > we're protraying people that we have historical record of actually
                        > being at Elizabeth Tudor's Court. It can be a little freaky.
                        > >
                        > > Fionnuala

                      • Joseph Kaplan
                        Message 11 of 11 , Aug 1, 2008
                          Well I won't be in garb as I have none yet, but I am more than willing enough to meet up, name a place and I'll be able to find it.

                          -Niall