Landed Noble Roundtable

  • Craig
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 27 9:45 AM
      Howdy All!

      I heard an idea I think is great but I wanted to bring it up just to
      hear what other people think too.

      Honorable Lord Kevin Ambrozijwski suggested we invited Landed Nobles to
      come to one of our events and hold a Roundtable / Q&A session to talk
      to us about the duties and expectations of a Territorial Baron and
      Baroness to help us with our transition.

      Ayreton Carnivale could be a great place to host something like this.

      What do y'all think? Is this something you would go to? Comments? If
      interested, we can follow through with setting it up later this Fall.

      Thanks Kevin for the idea!

      ~Philip
    • jeffnaggie@aol.com
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 27 5:02 PM
        I'd love to hear from someone who's been there.

        Hillary

      • kateslists@comcast.net
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 7, 2008
          perhaps at Border Skirmish or another Ravenslake or Greyhope event? They'd be close enough for good attendance without having large portions of Areyton people tide up working the event.

          Bojei

          From: "Craig" <philipwhite@...>
          > Howdy All!
          >
          > I heard an idea I think is great but I wanted to bring it up just to
          > hear what other people think too.
          >
          > Honorable Lord Kevin Ambrozijwski suggested we invited Landed Nobles to
          > come to one of our events and hold a Roundtable / Q&A session to talk
          > to us about the duties and expectations of a Territorial Baron and
          > Baroness to help us with our transition.
          >
          > Ayreton Carnivale could be a great place to host something like this.
          >
          > What do y'all think? Is this something you would go to? Comments? If
          > interested, we can follow through with setting it up later this Fall.
          >
          > Thanks Kevin for the idea!
          >
          > ~Philip

        • Hilla Hamasdohtor
          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 7, 2008
            Uhmmm...

            Why not have it at an Ayreton event? Not meaning any disrespect, but it
            *is* asking a lot to hold those sorts of meetings at other groups'
            events. If it were requested by Crown (like Chiv and Pelican meetings
            and the like), that is one thing. I mean, if a group of people sit down
            and talk, unscheduled, unarranged, that's fine. But to set up an
            official-type meeting during someone else's event, even if they are kind
            enough to agree to it, really isn't sporting. True, at an Ayreton event,
            the event staff might not be able to attend, but at someone else's
            event, such a meeting takes away from the activities planned for the
            event by the group that planned the event. It's hard enough, sometimes,
            to fit in all the activities with as few conflicts as possible, without
            a meeting being requested that has nothing to do with the event or,
            actually, the group hosting said event. So please, *don't* plan it at
            another group's event.

            Yours in service,
            Hilla Hamasdohtor

            kateslists@... wrote:

            > perhaps at Border Skirmish or another Ravenslake or Greyhope event?
            > They'd be close enough for good attendance without having large
            > portions of Areyton people tide up working the event.
            >
            > Bojei

            > From: "Craig" <philipwhite@... <mailto:philipwhite%40hotmail.com>>
            > > Howdy All!
            > >
            > > I heard an idea I think is great but I wanted to bring it up just to
            > > hear what other people think too.
            > >
            > > Honorable Lord Kevin Ambrozijwski suggested we invited Landed Nobles to
            > > come to one of our events and hold a Roundtable / Q&A session to talk
            > > to us about the duties and expectations of a Territorial Baron and
            > > Baroness to help us with our transition.
            > >
            > > Ayreton Carnivale could be a great place to host something like this.
            > >
            > > What do y'all think? Is this something you would go to? Comments? If
            > > interested, we can follow through with setting it up later this Fall.
            > >
            > > Thanks Kevin for the idea!
            > >
            > > ~Philip

            > Subject:
            > [Ayreton] Landed Noble Roundtable
            > From:
            > "Craig" <philipwhite@...>
            > Date:
            > Sun, 27 Jul 2008 16:45:54 +0000
            > To:
            > Ayreton@yahoogroups.com
            >
            > To:
            > Ayreton@yahoogroups.com
            >

            > Howdy All!
            >
            > I heard an idea I think is great but I wanted to bring it up just to
            > hear what other people think too.
            >
            > Honorable Lord Kevin Ambrozijwski suggested we invited Landed Nobles to
            > come to one of our events and hold a Roundtable / Q&A session to talk
            > to us about the duties and expectations of a Territorial Baron and
            > Baroness to help us with our transition.
            >
            > Ayreton Carnivale could be a great place to host something like this.
            >
            > What do y'all think? Is this something you would go to? Comments? If
            > interested, we can follow through with setting it up later this Fall.
            >
            > Thanks Kevin for the idea!
            >
            > ~Philip

          • Metylda
            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 7, 2008
              As it has been stated in the past, the rule of Ravenslake has been no meetings are to take place at our events.

              Metylda
              Ravenslake

              There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast.

              *****

              Me þæt wyrd gewæf

              > perhaps at Border Skirmish or another Ravenslake or Greyhope
              > event? They'd be close enough for good attendance
              > without having large portions of Areyton people tide up
              > working the event.
              >
              > Bojei

              > From: "Craig" <philipwhite@...>
              > > Howdy All!
              > >
              > > I heard an idea I think is great but I wanted to bring
              > it up just to
              > > hear what other people think too.
              > >
              > > Honorable Lord Kevin Ambrozijwski suggested we invited
              > Landed Nobles to
              > > come to one of our events and hold a Roundtable /
              > Q&A session to talk
              > > to us about the duties and expectations of a
              > Territorial Baron and
              > > Baroness to help us with our transition.
              > >
              > > Ayreton Carnivale could be a great place to host
              > something like this.
              > >
              > > What do y'all think? Is this something you would
              > go to? Comments? If
              > > interested, we can follow through with setting it up
              > later this Fall.
              > >
              > > Thanks Kevin for the idea!
              > >
              > > ~Philip

              > To discontinue receiving discussion, but still receive
              > announcements, go to
              > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Ayreton/join and change your
              > subscription to "Special Notices". Activities
              > coordinators, to get access to post Special Notices, send a
              > request to <Ayreton-owner@yahoogroups.com>.
              > Yahoo! Groups Links

            • Joanne Labny
              Message 6 of 7 , Aug 7, 2008
                We could have this kind of meeting at the Foxvale event in Sept.  As I am one of the co-autocrates I could make sure this is put on the schedule.  Also because the event site is the furthest west and south in our future Barony, it may make it easier for some of the landed Baron/Baroness to attend.  Just a thought, please let me know if you want us to add this to the schedule.

                Fiona

                kateslists@comcast. net wrote:

                > perhaps at Border Skirmish or another Ravenslake or Greyhope event?
                > They'd be close enough for good attendance without having large
                > portions of Areyton people tide up working the event.
                >
                > Bojei

              • Fern
                Message 7 of 7 , Aug 10, 2008
                  Do you think the idea of a Landed Noble Roundtable would work well as a class? Then it could be fitted into a time slot, and it wouldn't interfere with any other parts of an event. The class coordinator would only need to find someone to be the moderator, and then the moderator would be responsibile for organizing the roundtable persons.

                  If anyone wants to have informal chatting about different experiences with baronies, we can do that at any time. During our long and peripatetic history in the SCA, Master Robyyan and I have participated in several baronies and we are always happy to tell stories about our old baronies. We have even been landed baron and baroness for a shell barony of six cantons. Of course, that was 10 years ago, and in a different kingdom, but it still might be informative.

                  We will definitely be at the Border Skirmish next weekend, and available for conversation. However, we will unfortunately not be able to attend the Foxhunt, due to an out of town trip that week and weekend.

                  I'm looking forward to hearing everyone's stories from Pennsic at the Border Skirmish. Things were kind of lonely here during the last two weeks! (although I did finish a lot of reading material!)

                  yours,

                  Fern