Re: Pilgrims from afar. :-)

  • Jeffrey
    Message 1 of 18 , Jul 24, 2008
      Before I hit the road from Three Rivers and my friends hit the road
      from Cynnabar, a warm and sincere thank you to all of you for your
      kind welcome of travelers. We look forward to meeting you all at Ida
      Noyes at 2PM this coming Sunday. :-)

      Sincerely,

      - Peter
      http://www-personal.umich.edu/~jeffshuo/2ksca.html

      --- In Ayreton@yahoogroups.com, thomas penyngton <tedr@...> wrote:

      > Hi. Well, we discussed this at the Sunday practice yesterday, and I
      > think we decided to have music & other A&S next Sunday at Ida Noyes,
      for
      > those who would like to. It looks like Mistress Amelie is planning on
      > going & playing music (I'll probably stay home with the kids). So 2 pm
      > at Ida Noyes should be fine.
      >
      > thomas p
      >

      > Wendy Pastrick wrote:
      > > Greetings, Peter (and Ayreton!)
      > >
      > > At this time, the Sunday practice at Ida Noyes is canceled due to
      Pennsic and summer scheduling for the College.

      > > Is there some alternate site anyone would like to propose for this
      coming Sunday? We do have Portage Park available if people are wanting
      to meet up and have a Pennsic Pity Party or similar. I'll have to talk
      to Kilian, but maybe we can pull something together in our backyard
      (bbq, something?) for those still in Ayreton in general.

      > > Or perhaps, were people planning on meeting in the Midway outside
      of Ida Noyes and I missed that somewhere?

      > > Any thoughts out there? I know not *everyone* is going to Pennsic....
      > >
      > > Smiles,
      > > Jale/Wendy

      Jeffrey Huo MD, PhD
      Department of Pediatrics
      St. Louis Children's Hospital

      jeffshuo@...
    • Joanne Labny
      Message 2 of 18 , Aug 7, 2008
        Another possible site is the Kendall Co Fair Grounds.  This is were Foxvale host's their annual event.  There is lots of space, both indoor and out, for activities and camping is allowed.  The only draw back is the kitchen does not have an oven or stove we can use, but that has never stopped us from having great feast.  Just another possible site that could be used.

        Fiona

        Message 3 of 18 , Aug 7, 2008
          I was wondering about camping possibilities there...that's good news! Are there showers/facilities available other than in the barn?

          Everyone knows we can always pull off a feast with outdoor grills...,mmmmmm grilled meat!

          Smiles,
          Jale

          Message 4 of 18 , Aug 7, 2008
            Unfortunately the only bathroom facilities are the ones in the main building.  There are a couple of hotels in the town of Yorkville just down Rte 47 for the sight for those who really feel they need the showers and don't want to camp.

            As far as the kitchen facilities, the draw backs have never stopped us from having a great feast.  You just have to use your creativity.  Nesco cookers, grills, etc have worked for us in the past.

            Fiona