What is going on in Ayreton?

  • ayretontownecryer
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 28, 2006
      I understand that it has been asked why I do not announce some
      activities and do others. The answer is one of two things. 1) It
      was requested and I forgot. E-mail me and I'll fix that problem.
      OR 2) I was not asked to make the announcement and unless a request
      is made of me via e-mail I do not make an announcement. E-mail me
      and I'll fix that problem.

      Thank you!

      SUNDAYS

      ** Grey Gargoyles Open House Demo

      Taking place a Grey Gargoyles October 1, 2006 from 2 p.m. until
      ending

      We are hosting an open house demo on the University of Chicago
      Campus at the normal Ayreton Fighter Practice site. Please come in
      garb and bring your projects, completed and in the works. If you
      can talk about your projects with students an other passers by all
      the better! We hope that not just the Grey Gargoyles will benefit
      from this but the Ayreton Area as a whole!

      MONDAYS

      ** Tree Girt Sea - Consort Music

      Monday nights from 7:30 to 9 at Robyyan and Fern's 2506 W Morse
      Ave. Any instrument is welcome, recorders can be borrowed, and
      Robyyan is willing to teach. Absolute beginners please call first,
      as some sight reading ability is necessary - this can also be
      taught. Please call 773-764-1920 to confirm.

      ** Silver Thimble Guild for Conspicuous Consumption

      The Silver Thimble Guild for Conspicuous Consumption was started
      some ten, twelve years ago. It has been very sleepy as of late but
      it is waking up. I am welcoming anyone who is interested in sewing
      and related research to call me and join us on MONDAY evenings.

      Location: The heart of the city very near I90 and the Blue Line.
      Please Call: 773-750-2180 for more information.

      TUESDAYS

      ** Calligraphy and Illumination

      2nd, 4th, and 5th Tuesday nights from 7:30 to 10 in Evanston
      at Peter and Magdalena's. Call 847-864-0125 to confirm.
      This month practice will be held on October 10, 24 and 31st

      WEDNESDAYS

      Heraldry Night

      We will be starting up Heraldry Nights again on alternating
      Wednesdays.
      Presently, we are scheduled to have heraldry on October 4 and
      October 18.

      There is a change in location. We will be holding the heraldry
      meetings at the
      home of Lady Fiona ni Chiardubhain, 1305 Cherry Drive, Batavia, IL
      60510
      Phone #630-482-9503.

      THURSDAYS

      ** The Pippins

      A Cappella Medieval and Renaissance singing group Meets every
      Thursday, hosted by Mistress Gianetta Andreini da Vicenza,
      located in Andersonville (north side of the city).
      Call 312-259-6688 for more information.

      ** Rokkehealden Scriptorium

      The Scriptorium is composed of all skill levels. The
      Scriptorium is open to anyone who is interested in any aspect
      of the scribal arts. You do NOT have to be a member of the
      shire to participate in the Scriptorium. You don't have to
      be an artist. You don't have to paint. You don't have to draw.
      You don't even have to do calligraphy. Experiment and do what
      you like. You don't have to buy anything. We are a friendly
      group and share our supplies. Of course, if you get hooked like we
      did,you'll want to get your own supplies. From time to time we hold
      classes to teach various aspects of calligraphy and illumination.
      About the onlyrequest (per say) is you be active, encouraging,
      positive to others and yourself.

      Place: Oak Brook Library, 600 Oak Brook Rd. , Oak Brook IL

      Thursday, Oct. 5
      WEDNESDAY, Oct. 25 (moot)
      WEDNESDAY, Nov. 22
      Thursday, Nov. 30 (moot)

      For more information, contact Lady Fiona
      svalentine_98@...

      This has been an announcement of the Ayreton Towne Cryer. If you or
      your group would like to have your open to everyone SCA activity,
      demo, activty et al announced, please feel free to contact me at
      Mystborne@.... I will happily add it to the announcements I
      currently make.