Re: [Ayreton] Recruiting New Members in the SCA

  • Dayle Harding
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 23 5:46 AM

      Philip--

      I've taken Sir Kyppen's class, and it's really good.  In fact, he is willing to come to groups to offer it and make it area-specific, so we discussed at our business meeting on Sunday (VW's) that we would like to sponsor him coming in (we'd house and feed him and any of his family that wants to come with him) and have him do his class to any people from Ayreton who would like to attend.  I was going to contact him AFTER war about scheduling (only cuz stuff is too hectic now, and I want the pressure to be off of both of us).  So, for those who can't make it at war, we'll try to bring the speaker to you.....

      Acelina

      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 23 8:11 AM
        Speaking as a chatelaine I think that's a great idea.  The care and feeding (and gaining) of new members is a lot easier if it becomes a whole group activity.....It takes a village....or in our case a future barony....

        Hillary

        In a message dated 7/23/2008 7:46:29 A.M. Central Daylight Time, acelinaofderelei@... writes:

        Philip--

        I've taken Sir Kyppen's class, and it's really good.  In fact, he is willing to come to groups to offer it and make it area-specific, so we discussed at our business meeting on Sunday (VW's) that we would like to sponsor him coming in (we'd house and feed him and any of his family that wants to come with him) and have him do his class to any people from Ayreton who would like to attend.  I was going to contact him AFTER war about scheduling (only cuz stuff is too hectic now, and I want the pressure to be off of both of us).  So, for those who can't make it at war, we'll try to bring the speaker to you.....

        Acelina

      • Wendy Pastrick
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 23 8:35 AM
          If there are any handouts from Syr Kyppyn's class, can I get a copy when you all return? I've been wanting to get his materials...(or I suppose I could just email him...duh)

          Smiles,
          Jale

          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 23 8:37 AM
            Oooh, even better :)

            Thanks, Acelina!!!

            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 23 9:16 AM
              I would love to take that class, as I most likely won't have time at
              Pennsic!
              (OK, so I'll be caught up in some shmooze vortex...)

              Tabitha Pennywarden
              Ravenslake, Midlands
              Middle Kingdom