Fox Hunt 2: Scribal Challenge reminder.

  • pechadwick@notwires.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 25, 2006

      Greetings Scribes and Other Creative Persons!

      This is just a friendly reminder of the upcoming Foxvale Scribal Challenge.

      If you plan to enter, please let us know via email: by this Wednesday.

      Note: This does not have to be a scribal type project.  It can be done in ANY medium.

      It’s in French but the pictures are wonderful, in case you need a boost of inspiration: http://classes.bnf.fr/phebus/livre/index.htm.

      We’ve heard a lot of great ideas and hope everyone follows through with them.

      We are also planning a scribal round table so come visit.  We will have some extra supplies for those who want to try.

      Questions or comments should be sent directly to myself or Lady Philippa (See below).

      In Service,

      Lady Akiko and Lady Philippa

      Feel free to send to anyone who might be interested.

      Fox Hunt 2 takes place Sept. 30.  See Midrealm Calendar for details about the event.

      In the spirit of the hunt, the Silken Petals are sponsoring a scribal challenge. We encourage artists of all mediums to create your best work, à la Hunt Book of Gaston Phebus” and bring it to the event. We invite you to display your work at Fox Hunt II and collect praise in the form of beads and tokens.

      The rules are simple:

      ·                         Works must be inspired by the Hunt Book of Gaston Phebus.

      ·                         Include a completed project. (ie. materials used, techniques, inspiration, etc.)

      ·                         Completed projects only, do not submit works in progress.

      ·                         Do not put your name on the front of your submission.

      The work which garners the most beads and tokens will be given a small token of the Silken Petals appreciation for participating.

      So practice your diapering, loose the hounds, and show us what you’ve got!

      We request that you let us know if you plan to enter our scribal challenge. We want to make sure we have enough room to display your project.

      Please send your registration information to Lady Akiko Catherine O’Brien ( scribewithgold@... ) or Lady Philippa of Otterbourne ( otterbourne@... ).

      If you have any questions please feel free to contact Lady Akiko or Lady Phillipa.