Ayreton Insignia for Pennsic Fighters and Waterbearers

  • Bernal Schooley
    Message 1 of 15 , Jul 20, 2008
      Hello Everyone,

      I didn't want to say I was doing this until I was sure I was doing it since time is so short before Pennsic, but this weekend while tagging along to my wife's high school reunion I was able to crank these out for the fighters both heavy and rapier that are interested in presenting themselves as part of an Ayreton contingent (see attached photo). I'll have 15 finished for Pennsic--11 are done 4 to go as of right now--and want to offer them to all the fighters and any remaining, if there are any left, will go to the waterbearers. Each insignia is 5 inches wide and 6 inches tall made of heavy cloth with the stars and wreath painted on with fabric paint and the edges are serged in black to keep them from fraying. I'll bring safety pins and needle and thread but how you attach them will be up to you. I would recommend we all try to keep them in the breast pocket area, aventail or shoulder if your kit allows or wherever possible if not.

      If possible I'd like to get a list of folks who will need or want one so that I can make sure everyone gets one. I'll be at Pennsic from this Friday on and can be found in House No House camp on N30 just in front of the RV area near Long Way and Wroxeter roads. Feel free to drop by and pick one up.

      Regards,
      --Richard

    • Bernal Schooley
      Message 2 of 15 , Jul 21, 2008

      • Scribesquire@comcast.net
        Message 3 of 15 , Jul 21, 2008
          Thank you Richard, what a great job!  I will need one.  I will let others speak up for themselves.

          Henry

          Message 4 of 15 , Jul 21, 2008
            I'd gladly bear one. Thanks! This is awesome.

            --
            HAVE GREEN FLUID COMING OUT OF YOUR NIPPLES AND YOU'RE WRITING
            ME???!!</a>
            Message 5 of 15 , Jul 21, 2008
              These are frakkin' terrific!  Well done Richard!!

              On Mon, Jul 21, 2008 at 9:10 AM, <Scribesquire@ comcast.net> wrote:
              > Thank you Richard, what a great job! I will need one. I will let others
              > speak up for themselves.
              >
              > Henry

              > From: "Bernal Schooley" <bschooley@gmail. com>
              >
              > Hello Everyone,
              >
              > I didn't want to say I was doing this until I was sure I was doing it since
              > time is so short before Pennsic, but this weekend while tagging along to my
              > wife's high school reunion I was able to crank these out for the fighters
              > both heavy and rapier that are interested in presenting themselves as part
              > of an Ayreton contingent (see attached photo). I'll have 15 finished for
              > Pennsic--11 are done 4 to go as of right now--and want to offer them to all
              > the fighters and any remaining, if there are any left, will go to the
              > waterbearers. Each insignia is 5 inches wide and 6 inches tall made of heavy
              > cloth with the stars and wreath painted on with fabric paint and the edges
              > are serged in black to keep them from fraying. I'll bring safety pins and
              > needle and thread but how you attach them will be up to you. I would
              > recommend we all try to keep them in the breast pocket area, aventail or
              > shoulder if your kit allows or wherever possible if not.
              >
              > If possible I'd like to get a list of folks who will need or want one so
              > that I can make sure everyone gets one. I'll be at Pennsic from this Friday
              > on and can be found in House No House camp on N30 just in front of the RV
              > area near Long Way and Wroxeter roads. Feel free to drop by and pick one up.
              >
              > Regards,
              > --Richard

            • David Valenta

                Message 7 of 15 , Jul 21, 2008
                  Richard, those are wonderful! Thank you for your time and effort to pull those together.

                  Smiles,
                  Jale

                • jeffnaggie@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 15 , Jul 21, 2008
                    In a message dated 7/21/2008 9:07:56 A.M. Central Daylight Time, bschooley@... writes:
[...]

                    Hey Richard.....Pick me!  Pick me!  And Gareth too.

                    Hillary

                  • Bernal Schooley
                    Message 9 of 15 , Jul 21, 2008
                      Hi everyone,

                      Thanks everyone for the great response. Given the number of folks responding, I've expanded the project a bit and tonight I made another 16 "blanks" (the sewn cloth part) and will bring the paint with me to land grab which will give me a project to work on during the first week.

                      So, baring any painting mistakes, I should have 31 of these to give out which means I can expand the list to include other groups including the Archery Champions and Boffer Fighters.

                      If folks could help by letting me know the names of folks from Ayreton who are going to be at Pennsic and are in the following groups, I would appreciate the help. That way I can try to make sure everyone who might want one has an opportunity.

                      Here's my list so far:

                      Archery Champions
                      * Dougal MacAlister
                      * Jane the Tall

                      Boffer Fighters
                      - ???

                      Heavy Fighters
                      * Gareth Ostwestly
                      * Hillary of Langforde
                      * William Atherton (Atherbridge?)
                      - Eoghan
                      - Johannes Machiavelli
                      * Henry of Exeter
                      * Richard de Scolay
                      * Ansel Claybourne

                      Rapier Fighters (I heard there might be 4 rapier fighters from Ayreton at Pennsic)
                      * Christian Fournier (x)

                      Waterbearers
                      * Sarafina Sinclair
                      * Kathleen of Foxvale
                      * Emma of Foxvale
                      * Katarina of Foxvale
                      - Gwenhwyvar Nocturnal

                      Those with an asterisk have contacted me about an insignia.

                      Thanks!

                      --Richard

                    • Dougal MacAlister
                      Message 10 of 15 , Jul 22, 2008
                        The archery champions team has not been picked at this time.
                        There will be 2 days of tryouts.  Saturday at 5pm and Sunday at 1pm.
                        The team will be announced promptly after the tryouts Sunday evening for the Monday, all - day, champions war point.
                        So come out and give it a go!  Support your Kingdom on all fronts.

                        Dougal MacAlister,
                        Midlands Regional Archery Marshal

                        Message 11 of 15 , Jul 22, 2008

                          Is'nt that THL Dougal MacAlister?

                          -Kevin A.

                          Message 12 of 15 , Jul 22, 2008
                            Richard!

                            Wow! Thanks! Talk about showing Baronial pride - this is excellent!

                            Makes me wish I was fighting so I could wear one too. :-)

                            ~Philip

                            --- In Ayreton@yahoogroups.com, "Bernal Schooley" <bschooley@...>
                            wrote:

                            > Hi everyone,
                            >
                            > Thanks everyone for the great response. Given the number of folks
                            > responding, I've expanded the project a bit and tonight I made
                            another 16
                            > "blanks" (the sewn cloth part) and will bring the paint with me to
                            land grab
                            > which will give me a project to work on during the first week.
                            >
                            > So, baring any painting mistakes, I should have 31 of these to give
                            out
                            > which means I can expand the list to include other groups including
                            the
                            > Archery Champions and Boffer Fighters.
                            >
                            > If folks could help by letting me know the names of folks from
                            Ayreton who
                            > are going to be at Pennsic and are in the following groups, I would
                            > appreciate the help. That way I can try to make sure everyone who
                            might want
                            > one has an opportunity.
                            >
                            > Here's my list so far:
                            >
                            > Archery Champions
                            > * Dougal MacAlister
                            > * Jane the Tall
                            >
                            > Boffer Fighters
                            > - ???
                            >
                            > Heavy Fighters
                            > * Gareth Ostwestly
                            > * Hillary of Langforde
                            > * William Atherton (Atherbridge?)
                            > - Eoghan
                            > - Johannes Machiavelli
                            > * Henry of Exeter
                            > * Richard de Scolay
                            > * Ansel Claybourne
                            >
                            > Rapier Fighters (I heard there might be 4 rapier fighters from
                            Ayreton at
                            > Pennsic)
                            > * Christian Fournier (x)
                            >
                            > Waterbearers
                            > * Sarafina Sinclair
                            > * Kathleen of Foxvale
                            > * Emma of Foxvale
                            > * Katarina of Foxvale
                            > - Gwenhwyvar Nocturnal
                            >
                            > Those with an asterisk have contacted me about an insignia.
                            >
                            > Thanks!
                            >
                            > --Richard

                          • Sheehan, Justin
                            Message 13 of 15 , Jul 22, 2008

                              If you got one anyway, maybe you could just glare at people from the sidelines.

                              wrote:

                              > Hi everyone,
                              >
                              > Thanks everyone for the great response. Given the number of folks
                              > responding, I've expanded the project a bit and tonight I made
                              another 16
                              > "blanks" (the sewn cloth part) and will bring the paint with me
                              land grab
                              > which will give me a project to work on during the first week.
                              >
                              > So, baring any painting mistakes, I should have 31 of these to give
                              out
                              > which means I can expand the list to include other groups including
                              the
                              > Archery Champions and Boffer Fighters.
                              >
                              > If folks could help by letting me know the names of folks from
                              Ayreton who
                              > are going to be at Pennsic and are in the following groups, I would
                              > appreciate the help. That way I can try to make sure everyone who
                              might want
                              > one has an opportunity.
                              >
                              > Here's my list so far:
                              >
                              > Archery Champions
                              > * Dougal MacAlister
                              > * Jane the Tall
                              >
                              > Boffer Fighters
                              > - ???
                              >
                              > Heavy Fighters
                              > * Gareth Ostwestly
                              > * Hillary of Langforde
                              > * William Atherton (Atherbridge? )
                              > - Eoghan
                              > - Johannes Machiavelli
                              > * Henry of Exeter
                              > * Richard de Scolay
                              > * Ansel Claybourne
                              >
                              > Rapier Fighters (I heard there might be 4 rapier fighters from
                              Ayreton at
                              > Pennsic)
                              > * Christian Fournier (x)
                              >
                              > Waterbearers
                              > * Sarafina Sinclair
                              > * Kathleen of Foxvale
                              > * Emma of Foxvale
                              > * Katarina of Foxvale
                              > - Gwenhwyvar Nocturnal
                              >
                              > Those with an asterisk have contacted me about an insignia.
                              >
                              > Thanks!
                              >
                              > --Richard

                            • kevin purtrell
                              Message 14 of 15 , Jul 22, 2008

                                If you can pull a bow, I bet you can shoot.

                                -Kevin Ambrozijwski

                                wrote:

                                > Hi everyone,
                                >
                                > Thanks everyone for the great response. Given the number of folks
                                > responding, I've expanded the project a bit and tonight I made
                                another 16
                                > "blanks" (the sewn cloth part) and will bring the paint with me to
                                land grab
                                > which will give me a project to work on during the first week.
                                >
                                > So, baring any painting mistakes, I should have 31 of these to give
                                out
                                > which means I can expand the list to include other groups including
                                the
                                > Archery Champions and Boffer Fighters.
                                >
                                > If folks could help by letting me know the names of folks from
                                Ayreton who
                                > are going to be at Pennsic and are in the following groups, I would
                                > appreciate the help. That way I can try to make sure everyone who
                                might want
                                > one has an opportunity.
                                >
                                > Here's my list so far:
                                >
                                > Archery Champions
                                > * Dougal MacAlister
                                > * Jane the Tall
                                >
                                > Boffer Fighters
                                > - ???
                                >
                                > Heavy Fighters
                                > * Gareth Ostwestly
                                > * Hillary of Langforde
                                > * William Atherton (Atherbridge? )
                                > - Eoghan
                                > - Johannes Machiavelli
                                > * Henry of Exeter
                                > * Richard de Scolay
                                > * Ansel Claybourne
                                >
                                > Rapier Fighters (I heard there might be 4 rapier fighters from
                                Ayreton at
                                > Pennsic)
                                > * Christian Fournier (x)
                                >
                                > Waterbearers
                                > * Sarafina Sinclair
                                > * Kathleen of Foxvale
                                > * Emma of Foxvale
                                > * Katarina of Foxvale
                                > - Gwenhwyvar Nocturnal
                                >
                                > Those with an asterisk have contacted me about an insignia.
                                >
                                > Thanks!
                                >
                                > --Richard

                              • Wendy Pastrick
                                Message 15 of 15 , Jul 22, 2008
                                  Which reminds me - I have a bow that needs to make it to Pennsic. I had promised it for the Kingdom populace shoot, but anyone who can get it there and back is welcome to use it.

                                  Please email me privately.

                                  Thanks!
                                  Jale