Tonight's Practice (July 15, 2008)

  • Tedesco da Venezia
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 15, 2008
      As a reminder, the access road to the Thieves of Hearts practice site will be closed tonight for a school activity, but we will still be holding practice on the other side of the building.  Therefore, when you turn from Willow Rd. on to Shermer Rd., you will need to turn left at the SECOND TRAFFIC LIGHT which has a sign "Sherman Rd", but is labeled "School Dr" on mapquest, yahoo, and google maps.  Park in the last parking lot before road curves around the athletic fields.  (This is the same parking lot we used for the populace at the first Ayreton Carnival.)  We will be fighting in the grass just beyond that lot.

      Please bring plenty of water, as it is HOT today, and access to the building may be limited.

      Also...  This is the last practice before Simple Day (i.e. tryouts for Rapier Elite) and one of the last few practices before Pennsic War (the event we train all summer for).  We had a very successful war practice Sunday, so we'd like to continue the momentum gained from that, and we cannot afford to have team members not participating this week.  Therefore, as much as we love getting new fighters into fencing, I must reluctantly request all newer fencers do not expect to be able to receive any instruction until after Pennsic (we'll be back to regular schedule August 12).

      On a related note, there will be no practice July 29 or August 5th at Glenbrook Noth High School.

      Thank you.
      ~Tedesco da Venezia~
      Thieves of Hearts

    • kevin purtrell