Re: Fighter practice questions

  • David Roland
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 23, 2006
      At this time of the year we are likely still outdoors. Otherwise we
      are ussually in the room directly to the right of the entrance. If
      not there we are up on the 3rd floor and that is impossible to miss.

      If you arrive before 2 p.m. and don't see anyone around just check
      outdoors and the lower floor for now. Hang out for a bit and wait,
      people will show up.

      There are heavy fighters as well as rapier. Contact the Grey
      Gargoyles Fencing Marshal Moira O'Dorran about appropriate fencing
      equipment in the Middle Kingdom and she can likely help you.

      Ian the Green

      --- In Ayreton@yahoogroups.com, "joecool_30340" <joecool_30340@...> wrote:

      > Where do you guys meet for fighter practice on Sundays in Ida Noyes?
      > It's a pretty big building. What do people usually bring? I just have
      > a regular fencer's jacket and epee.

    • Tedesco da Venezia
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 23, 2006
        If the weather's nice, we'll be outside in front of the building on the Midway--big grassy area between 59th and Midway Plaissance Dr.  (On occasion, the Midway's being used and we have to use the courtyard on the west side of the building.)  When weather forces us inside, we're USUALLY in the Cloister Club, which is the grand ballroom on the main floor.  Sometimes the university schedules other events there, and we're moved to either the theater on the 3rd floor or one of the 2nd floor lounges.  I know there's a lot of 'usually's and  'somtimes's, but don't worry-- we always post signs on the main entrances telling you where we are.

        However, we no longer fence with epees in this kingdom.  But don't worry, we have a few complete sets of loaner gear, including schlagers and daggers.  (Your jacket's still legal)  Plus many of us have rapier simulators we're willing to lend if you want to use 'em.

        ~Tedesco da Venezia~

        On 9/23/06, joecool_30340 <joecool_30340@...> wrote:

        Where do you guys meet for fighter practice on Sundays in Ida Noyes?
        It's a pretty big building. What do people usually bring? I just have
        a regular fencer's jacket and epee.

        ~~~~~

        Yahoo! Groups Links

        <*> Your email settings: