Pennsic; Saracen Battle

  • captainvargas
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 30, 2008
      First let me congratulate Ayreton on the continuing advancement to
      becoming I beleive the first shell barony of the Midlands.

      Now on to the subject at hand.
      I have once again been asked by the forces that be, to participate as
      Sal-al din during the crusader vs saracen battle at pennsic this
      year. But as luck would have it. I have been unable to attned ANY
      events this year due to mundane shedules with a the ren-faire
      circuit. And as such I fear the side of the crescent will be very
      sorley lacking, ( more so than last year, 17 vs 100, no joke. )

      I hearby humbly ask all that read this, whether they be fighters or
      not to spread the word about this battle at Pennsic, we're really
      trying to bring it up to speed like te battle of the thirty, I.E
      period armor for the persona, period weapon styles for the battles,
      no great swords, two swords.

      It was a lot of fun last year despite the very uneven odds.
      And please if you are a fighter, and going to pennisc, please join in
      hte fray as a member of the mighty army of Sal- al din. All we ask
      ofr is a resonable attempt at the period, It's easy a tabard for
      crusadres or tunic for saracens.

      Also if you aren't a fighter but have a mideastern persona, (and
      going to pennisc too) Please come add to the atmosphere of the
      scenario.

      PLease feel free to share this with as many people as possible and
      please feel free to cross post this.

      Vargas