Proxy Reminder: Baronial Device Final Vote and Web Minister Election

  • Craig
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 28, 2008
      Greeting All!

      As a reminder, you have a week and a half to submit your proxy votes.
      Please see below for details.

      Your Servant to Command,
      ~Philip White

      Baronial Device Final Vote and Web Minister Election

      We recently held elections to choose Baronial officers and to decide
      on a Baronial name and Device. Two devices tied. These two choices
      have been conflict checked against the existing O&A, and are likely
      to be passable. We also have had people volunteer for web minister,
      an office that was not decided upon in the original election.

      We are following the process we first used to select officers (i.e. a
      general election) since we are still in the process of creating our
      governing documents. In order to help you make your decision, Device
      images and candidate information is posted on the Ayreton website
      (www.ayreton.org).

      You have two ways to vote:

      By Proxy: Email your choice to either your branch Seneschal or the
      Ayreton Seneschal. Proxies must include your SCA name, modern name,
      branch, zip code, and membership number. Proxies are due by
      Wednesday, July 9th. It is your job to confirm that your proxy was
      received in order to be counted.

      In Person: Come to the Ayreton Business Meeting on July 13th in
      Rokkhealden. Both members and non-members can vote in person. Voting
      in person will be anonymous. Votes must be received by 6:30 PM.

      Baronial Device Choices:

      A: Per pale vert and azure, a laurel wreath surrounded by five 6-
      pointed mullets in annulo argent.

      Green on the left, blue on the right for the Chicagoland lands
      abutting the lake, 5 stars for the 5 groups.

      B: Per fess sable and azure within a laurel wreath Or a demi-sun
      issuant from fess.

      It's a black top half (ie night/beginning) with a blue bottom (for
      the lake) with a sun rising out of the lake. A sun rising out of the
      lake because this is where the kingdom started.

      Web Minister Candidates:

      • Mistress Gwenhwyvar Nocturnal (Cynthia McCowin)
      • Mistress Sarafina Sinclair (Harlie Des Roches)
      • Lord Angus Fraser (Andy Otto)

      Thanks to our volunteers! And thanks again to the populous. The more
      people we having voicing opinions the better. If you have questions
      please contact the Ayreton Seneschal or your local Seneschal.