Pennsic Pennants

  • Emmiken die Waeyer
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 18, 2008
      I don't know how many of you have seen this or not, but I thought I would pass it along.
      Hey Folks,

      Just informing y'all that the window is closing on a unique opportunity to make your mark on Pennsic and improve the experience for everyone else to boot.

      We're all excited to get to Pennsic for the first time; driving past the school busses, over the one lane bridge, up the hill and to the right…as we drive in we see all the camps getting set up on the right, and to the left we see…the snow fence.

      This years autocrat, Isabella, has embarked on an ambitious project to deal with that one abrasive view on Pennsic's front lawn. For a small donation of $5 your coat of arms, the arms of your camp or household, etc. will be hand painted on a pennant to be displayed in perpetuum on your drive into Pennsic.

      They will make only one pennant for each Coat of Arms, so as to allow variation. Arms do not have to have been approved by the College of Heralds. However, if they have not been approved, they reserve the right to deny a request if the Arms are deemed offensive or inappropriate for the SCA.

      "We are only producing a limited number of pennants, so it is first-come, first-served. The pennants will be triangle-shaped flags made from trigger cloth, measuring about 18 inches by 10 inches. The device will be roughly 8 inches square and painted on with acrylic paints. Pennants will be property of Pennsic, just like the shields on the fort.
      To have your arms painted on a pennant, please email Isabella (mayor37@...) with a jpg or drawing of your arms. The address to mail the $5 checks (made out to "SCA Inc., Pennsic") will be provided in an email response."

      The official deadline is this Sunday the 15th, but Isabella told me she could fudge the deadline by a little bit. If you'd like to become a permanent part of Pennsic here's your chance … but you'd better hurry

      --
      It is better to light one small candle than to curse the darkness.