Activities in the Ayreton Area are Gearing up!

  • ayretontownecryer
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 20 10:27 AM
      Announcements and activities! There are a good number ofpeople that
      have activities that I am announcing. Pleasee-mail me to letme know
      if the announcements are up to dateand current. Thank you!

      SUNDAYS

      ** Grey Gargoyles Garb Circle 2 p.m. until the end of practice. The
      Garb Circle is a continuing venture now. PLEASE bring any garb
      project you would like to work on. The month of September the
      building is closed to us so it is recommended to bring projects you
      can work on by hand until the building is open again. This is
      designed to be a low key way for people to work on their sewing
      projects and to learn from each other. It is NOT designed to be a
      formal instructional occurance. However,anyone who needs help or
      wants to start learning how to make garb is more than welcome!

      MONDAYS

      ** Tree Girt Sea - Consort Music Monday nights from 7:30 to 9 at
      Robyyan and Fern's 2506 W Morse Ave. Any instrument is welcome,
      recorders can be borrowed, and Robyyan is willing to teach. Absolute
      beginners please call first, as some sight reading ability is
      necessary - this can also be taught. Please call 773-764-1920 to
      confirm.

      ** Silver Thimble Guild for Conspicuous Consumption
      The Silver Thimble Guild for Conspicuous Consumption was started some
      ten, twelve years ago. It has been very sleepy as of late but it is
      waking up. I am welcoming anyone who is interested in sewing and
      related research to call me and join us on MONDAY evenings.

      Location: The heart of the city very near I90 and the Blue
      Line.Please Call: 773-750-2180 for more information.

      TUESDAYS

      ** Calligraphy and Illumination 2nd, 4th, and 5th Tuesday nights
      from 7:30 to 10 in Evanston at Peter and Magdalena's. Call 847-864-
      0125 to confirm. This month practice will be held on September 26th.

      WEDNESDAYS

      Heraldry Night We will be starting up Heraldry Nights again on
      alternating Wednesdays.Presently, we are scheduled to have heraldry
      on September 20, October 4and October 18. There is a change in
      location. We will be holding the heraldry meetings at thehome of
      Lady Fiona ni Chiardubhain, 1305 Cherry Drive, Batavia, IL 60510
      Phone #630-482-9503.
      THURSDAYS

      ** Vanished Woods Project Night Project Night Every second and
      fourth Thursday of the month. Bring your project,tables will be
      provided as needed. BYOB and a dish to share. While this is hosted
      by members of the Shire of Vanished Wood, we welcomeeveryone in the
      area - let's see what people are working on!

      We reside on theborder of Vanished Wood and Ravenslake From the
      south, take your best route to the intersection of I290/I90/Rt 53.
      Gonorth on Rt 53 until the expressway ends, then go East on Lake Cook
      Road.Turn into the first apartment complex (Country Glen) and go
      straight into thecomplex. Follow the signs to Bldg 2310 (turn before
      the 3rd speed bump).

      Heraldry will be hanging on our balcony to help you identify us.
      From the north, please email me at: onnen.bach@... or call me
      at (847) 483-5279 for directions.

      Mapquest will put you in a different suburb....

      ** The Pippins A Cappella Medieval and Renaissance singing group
      Meets everyThursday, hosted by Mistress Gianetta Andreini da
      Vicenza,located in Andersonville (north side of the city).Call 312-
      259-6688 for more information.

      ** Rokkehealden Scriptorium The Scriptorium is composed of all
      skill levels. TheScriptorium is open to anyone who is interested in
      any aspectof the scribal arts. You do NOT have to be a member of
      theshire to participate in the Scriptorium. You don't have tobe an
      artist. You don't have to paint. You don't have to draw.You don't
      even have to do calligraphy. Experiment and do whatyou like. You
      don't have to buy anything. We are a friendlygroup and share our
      supplies. Of course, if you get hooked like we did,you'll want to get
      your own supplies. From time to time we hold classesto teach various
      aspects of calligraphy and illumination. About the onlyrequest (per
      say) is you be active, encouraging, positive to others and yourself.
      Place: Oak Brook Library, 600 Oak Brook Rd. , Oak Brook IL

      Thursday, Sept 28 (moot)
      Thursday, Oct. 5
      WEDNESDAY, Oct. 25 (moot)
      WEDNESDAY, Nov. 22
      Thursday, Nov. 30 (moot) For more information, contact Lady
      Fionasvalentine_98@...

      SATURDAY

      ** Games Night: Starting Saturday, Sept 9 and continuing on the
      secondSaturday of the month (will be rescheduled if there is anevent
      that weekend within 100 miles), we would like to inviteone and all
      for a Games Night. Each month we will learn oneor two medieval board
      games, appropriate for children andadults. Cloth "boards" will be
      made up and available to takehome. Again, BYOB and a dish to share -

      Games night starts around 6:30ish. We will post the week before which
      game(s) will be presented. This week, we will focus on Fanorona
      andAlquerques (same board).

      From the south, take your best route to the intersection of
      I290/I90/Rt 53.Go north on Rt 53 until the expressway ends, then go
      East on Lake Cook Road. Turn into the first apartment complex
      (Country Glen) and go straight into thecomplex. Follow the signs to
      Bldg 2310 (turn before the 3rd speed bump).

      Heraldry will be hanging on our balcony to help you identify us. From
      the north, please email me at: onnen.bach@... or call me at