OT: Swedish Day Update

  • Folo Watkins
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 13, 2008
      Wondering what to do this weekend now that Border Skirmish had to be
      cancelled? I've been in communication with Good Templar Park in
      Geneva, Illinois, who notes that the grounds are in good order and
      that the 97th annual Swedish Day is full speed ahead. It will feature
      a Viking encampment by Micel Folcland, the presence of Icelandic
      horses, many activities & attractions and, of course, the fabled
      Viking, the Gokstad reproduction sailed over from Norway for the 1893
      Chicago World's Fair. Not to mention the fried herring breakfast!

      Additional information at http://www.swedishday.net/

      Cheers, Folo
      www.micelfolcland.org