Combat Archery

  • Sir Ix
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 11, 2008
      Combat Archery
      I found this in two reliable sources and think that it is true and accurate. I do not normal forward to all the lists I am on, but I thought this was important enough to do so.

      Forwarded from the Society Deputy for Combat Archery:

      To all who receive this ... Please forward to any/all Combat Archery mailing
      lists, archers, & Marshals.

      After consultation with numerous officers & Society Earl Marshal Hrothgar
      ... The following ruling is going into effect:

      "Effective immediately, due to manufacturing issues, all one-piece Baldar
      Blunts are banned from use on the field. These are the style of blunt that
      have been made for the last two years, that are all black and from a single
      mold. Baldar Blunts made of a two-piece mold are fine. Marshals, when
      inspecting Baldar Blunts that are all-black, look for the circumferential
      partition line that will exist on two-piece blunts and fail any that do not
      exhibit this."

      For reference (I will get some better pictures up later), here are some
      photos I snagged from the web (Thanks NorthStar):

      Old two-part mold blunts:
      >http://www.northstararchery.com/images/black_blunts.jpg face="Times New Roman">

      New one-part mold blunt:
      >http://www.northstararchery.com/images/Resized/NStar17.jpg face="Times New Roman">

      NOTE: Duke Baldar has graciously offered to replace ALL one-piece mold
      blunts with the older two-piece style at his cost. Details of how to effect
      said replacement will be posted on his website soon:
      http://houseasgard.com/BaldarBlunts/

      ALSO: Just for your information, Duke Baldar has decided for various
      reasons at this point, that other than the replacement batch for the last 2
      years worth of blunts, that he will not be making any more Baldar Blunts.
      All two-part blunts in service will remain legal in Society Rules. He is
      investigating switching over to providing UHMW style blunts instead in the
      future.

      Again, please forward this email to all CA mailing lists & Marshals to
      ensure that everyone knows.

      If you have any questions about this ruling, please contact me at this email
      address.

      In Service,
      Lord Siegfried Sebastian Faust - Deputy Society Earl Marshal for Combat
      Archery

      --

      Sir Ixtilixochitl
      Midlands - http://www.themidlands.org