Baronial Device Final Vote

  • Craig
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 11, 2008
      Greetings All from Philip White, Ayreton Seneschal.

      Part of our elections was to choose a device to symbolize the Barony.
      Two devices tied. These two choices have been conflict checked
      against the existing O&A, and are likely to be passable. Now, we
      will follow the same process as the original vote in order to choose
      a final device.

      You have two ways to vote for a device:

      By Proxy: Email your choice to either your branch Seneschal or the
      Ayreton Seneschal. Proxies must include your SCA name, modern name,
      branch, zip code, and membership number. Proxies are due by
      Wednesday, July 9th. It is your job to confirm that your proxy was
      received in order to be counted.

      In Person: Come to the Ayreton Business Meeting on July 13th in
      Rokkhealden. Both members and non-members can vote in person. Voting
      in person will be anonymous.

      Choices:

      CHOICE A: Per pale vert and azure, a laurel wreath surrounded by five
      6-pointed mullets in annulo argent.

      Green on the left, blue on the right for the Chicagoland lands
      abutting the lake, 5 stars for the 5 groups. Simple and clean (easy
      to embroider!)

      CHOICE B: Per fess sable and azure within a laurel wreath Or a demi-
      sun issuant from fess.

      It's a black top half (ie night/beginning) with a blue bottom (for
      the lake) with a sun rising out of the lake. Basically, a sun rising
      out of the lake because this is where the kingdom started.

      Pictures are available on the Ayreton website:

      http://ayreton.home.att.net/barony.html

      And you can view on the files section of the Yahoo page:

      Final Vote.doc"

      Thanks everyone in your participation so far as we choose our device.
      It is an important part of our process and the more people we can
      have involved the better. If you have any questions please contact me
      and I'll do my best to help you out.

      Your Servant to Command,
      ~p.w.