BORDER SKIRMISH IS HAPPENING THIS WEEKEND!!!!!! (long)

  • Kristine Petroshius
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 10, 2008
      Greetings All,

      Many people have been asking about the status of Border Skirmish.  We wanted to let you know that it WILL be held this upcoming weekend.  We went out to the site tonight and it is just fine.  There is very little standing water (no more than you'd have from a regular rain).  The ground is slightly squishy in a small part of the camping area, the rest is pretty much dry and as well the area for the fighting was pretty much dry. The small amount of squishy area will dry pretty quickly and even a regular rain, should we get some before this weekend, should not affect the site greatly. One of the roads into the site is partly flooded and only accessible by trucks and SUV's right now but the other entrance is dry and usable by everyone.  See below for directions.

      Since Mother Nature has been so unpredictable as of late we ask that people please check the website or e-mail lists for any updates before leaving for the event.

      We are looking forward to seeing you all.  Updates have been added, and more will be added soon, to our webpage at:

      http://caeranterth. northshield. org/Calendar/ BorderSkirmish/ 5/index.php

      We will be having archery, heavy weapons, rapier, classes and an A&S display.  On Saturday evening there will be a Royal court with Their Majesties and Their Highnesses Northshield in attendance and afterwards an event BBQ (see website for details).  We can also have thrown weapons if there is a Northshield marshal available to look after it (we will
      have equipment at site).

      The directions below are to the entrance that is useable by everyone so please use these directions to get to site.  If you use a mapping program to get to the site you will get to the actual park and in the park is the entrance that is slightly flooded.  If you choose to go in by way of the actual park there will be signs along the road directing you to the entrance to the SCA campsite.  Please note you DO NOT want to stop and pay at the park gatehouse - if you do there will be no refunds.
      Follow the signs to the SCA campsite.

      Directions to the entrance to the event are:

      From the West Hwy 94
      Take Exit 295 toward WI-74/CR-F/Waukesha /Sussex
      Turn left onto CR-F N/Redford Blvd.  Redforn Blvd becomes WI-74
      E/Waukesha Ave (6 miles)
      Turn right onto Main St./ WI-74 (1.3 miles)
      Turn left onto Wi-74/Town Line Road/CR-V (.4 miles)
      Slight right onto West Main St/WI-74
      Turn left on to Lannon Road, CR-Y
      The entrance will be on your left a short way down the road, past the houses.  The entrance is across from a parking lot that is beside a baseball diamond.  It is a service entrance so it will not be marked as a Menomonee Park entrance.  You will need to look for the SCA sign.

      From North Hwy 41
      Take Exit 54  Lannon Road/WI-167, toward CR-Y/Meqoun Road (02 mile)
      Turn right onto Lannon Road. Continue on Lannon and you will cross Menomonee Ave.
      The entrance will be on your right. (If you reach West Main Street/WI-74 you have gone too far, not much but too far) The entrance is across from a parking lot that is beside a baseball diamond.  It is a service entrance so it will not be marked as a Menomonee Park entrance.  You will need to look for the SCA sign.

      From the South/Chicago
      Get on Hwy 94 towards Milwaukee
      Take exit 316 on the left  I-43 South/I-894 West, towards Madison/Fond
      du lac
      Take Exit 1B Hwy 94 on the left, towards Madison
      Take Exit 295 toward WI-74/CR-F/Waukesha /Sussex
      Turn left onto CR-F N/Redford Blvd.  Redforn Blvd becomes WI-74
      E/Waukesha Ave (6 miles)
      Turn right onto Main St./ WI-74 (1.3 miles)
      Turn left onto Wi-74/Town Line Road/CR-V (.4 miles)
      Slight right onto West Main St/WI-74
      Turn left on to Lannon Road, CR-Y
      The entrance will be on your left a short way down the road, past the houses.  The entrance is across from a parking lot that is beside a baseball diamond. It is a service entrance so it will not be marked as a Menomonee Park entrance.  You will need to look for the SCA sign.

      If anyone has any questions either of the autocrats would be happy to help you.  Their contact info is below:

      Mistress Tatiana Marana Melville 262-513-1271
      tatianam@ameritech. net

      Baroness Kristiana of Arden 847-921-6229
      kristianaofarden@ hotmail.com