Theft in Caid over the weekend (Forwarded)
- Theft in Caid over the weekend
[x-Posted from the Altavia Baronial e-mail list. The following
happened after Caid's Coronation on Saturday.]
Greetings! Please feel free to cross post this.
My truck and a vehicle from Starkhafn were both broken into. There was
no damage to my truck and as far as I know the other vehicle is fine.
Was was taken is as follows:
1. The Queen's Champion Sword &Scabbard (Kingdom is working on
replacing it as we speak.) They left the tabard.
2. The Queen's Rapier Sword & Scabbard (Thee Rapier community has
wanted to replace it for a wile and has stepped up the timing on
that.) They left the cape.
3. The Un-Armored Combat Sword & Scabbard (Kingdom is working on
replacing that as well.)
4. The Awards box (HG Falina says there are enough medallions in stock
to last us till we order more.) We will need more cords, Silver and
Blue and white, Vanguards of Honor and Cord de Guerres.
5. HRM's Court favors (More are being made now, Thank you.)
6. My Dragon wing (My Freehold and friends have already paid for a new
one, Thank you!)
7. Griffin Freehold's Feast box (Most of our feast ware was in a trash
bag under the seat of my truck and is fine but still needs washing :( )
8. One suit of Armor (Red carved leather and silver scale)
9. 3 Uncle Asis baskets
10. 1 pair of $300.00 Hair shears (I have 4 others and am fine.)
11. About 100-150 of my CDs (All of this music is on my lap top or i-pod)
12. My Chamberlain book.
2 suits of Armor from2 of their young fighters.
I don't have hopes of getting any of it back but the hotel did have a
camera pointed right at my truck and the theft was caught on tape and
the police have that tape. What I would like the populace to do is keep
an eye on the Internet and the local swap meets. If you see anything
please contact Countess Leonora or myself ASAP. It may take awhile for
the stuff to show up.
My stuff can all be replaced and will be, I would like people to help
the young Starkhafn fighters to replace their armor. (You can contact
the Baroness for more details on that.) Also this is a hard lesson to
learn. We need to be better about security of our own stuff. As I
walked around QC there were baskets with wallets on top, car keys on
tables and other valuables out in plain sight. The constables can only
do so much. We need to remember we are in public Parks and our cars are
I would also like to that the people of Caid who came forth to help. If
we had taken all the award medallions that were offered Caid would be a
naked place indeed :) The Archery community stepped up. Baron Jamal
offered his own sword to use till the QC can be replaced. People were
removing the cords from around their necks to give to TRMs to use. The
awards for the morning were all donated from people's own necks.
Caid once again you make me proud to be one of your numbers.
Viscountess Lorissa du Griffin, OP
Chamberlain to Edward & Mora, King and Queen of Caid