Re: [Ayreton] More Local Events Please

  • Christian Fournier
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 9, 2008
      > If anyone has not noticed yet the Gas Prices are continuing to rise so
      > I think the need to do more LOCAL EVENTS becomes more important. In
      > the coming seasons all the shires need to do more local events.
      >
      > And not just annual events. I would gladly consider either to
      > co-Autocrat or Autocrat an event. I would like to see it more
      > directed to A&S rather than just fighting events.

      Well, we've already started that trend, really: there's now seven
      annual events (that come to the top of my head) held by Ayreton
      Groups + Ravenslake (12th Night, Carnivale, Stone Dog, Fox Hunt, All
      Soul's, MKAOD and Border Skirmish), three of which are relatively new
      (started happening in the last 3 years); BUT! in addition to these
      annuals, there's also the Arts Academies, and just last night at the
      Ayreton PIB meeting, we started talking about a Martial Arts Academy,
      as well as the already-conceived scribal symposium.

      So, yeah, there ARE lots of new, local events (of varied formality)
      getting off the ground! Keep watching the Chronicler's announcements
      for updates-- several of the newest and least formal "mini-events"
      aren't being submitted to the Kingdom Calendar.

      Christian Fournier
    • Robin Goldman
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 10, 2008
        Wow, that is more than I thought.  Sorry.  I would gladly host a min-event.  I would like to suggest one now.  Grant Park has some lovely concerts this Summer, anyone up for a "period" picnic?  You could change quickly then we can all sit on the lawn and listen to some nice classical music.

        Feel free to look up Grant Park festival.  I am certain the city would not have a problem with people in "funny" clothes.  (no swords, daggers, etc)  Bring your favorite A&S project and work on it.  I intend to do that tomorrow (modern clothing) Or if not just come as you are and hang out.

        Eleanor