More Local Events Please

  • Eleanor (Robin)
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 9, 2008
      If anyone has not noticed yet the Gas Prices are continuing to rise so
      I think the need to do more LOCAL EVENTS becomes more important. In
      the coming seasons all the shires need to do more local events.

      And not just annual events. I would gladly consider either to
      co-Autocrat or Autocrat an event. I would like to see it more
      directed to A&S rather than just fighting events.

      It can be an impromptu picnic at Millenium Park to hear a
      concert(NOW). This would be a good gathering for newcomers. I would
      gladly act as host. Do like a potluck. I have to believe there are
      some areas we can go during the Winter too. (some areas I know
      require a bit more planning ahead)

      This can be just for fun. Some of us would come early enough to stake
      out an area. Then just "populate" (in Garb of course)

      I think we should try and put our heads together to do some more
      interesting stuff for the public to see.

      Eleanor
    • Christian Fournier
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 9, 2008
        > If anyone has not noticed yet the Gas Prices are continuing to rise so
        > I think the need to do more LOCAL EVENTS becomes more important. In
        > the coming seasons all the shires need to do more local events.
        >
        > And not just annual events. I would gladly consider either to
        > co-Autocrat or Autocrat an event. I would like to see it more
        > directed to A&S rather than just fighting events.

        Well, we've already started that trend, really: there's now seven
        annual events (that come to the top of my head) held by Ayreton
        Groups + Ravenslake (12th Night, Carnivale, Stone Dog, Fox Hunt, All
        Soul's, MKAOD and Border Skirmish), three of which are relatively new
        (started happening in the last 3 years); BUT! in addition to these
        annuals, there's also the Arts Academies, and just last night at the
        Ayreton PIB meeting, we started talking about a Martial Arts Academy,
        as well as the already-conceived scribal symposium.

        So, yeah, there ARE lots of new, local events (of varied formality)
        getting off the ground! Keep watching the Chronicler's announcements
        for updates-- several of the newest and least formal "mini-events"
        aren't being submitted to the Kingdom Calendar.

        Christian Fournier
      • Robin Goldman
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 10, 2008
          Wow, that is more than I thought.  Sorry.  I would gladly host a min-event.  I would like to suggest one now.  Grant Park has some lovely concerts this Summer, anyone up for a "period" picnic?  You could change quickly then we can all sit on the lawn and listen to some nice classical music.

          Feel free to look up Grant Park festival.  I am certain the city would not have a problem with people in "funny" clothes.  (no swords, daggers, etc)  Bring your favorite A&S project and work on it.  I intend to do that tomorrow (modern clothing) Or if not just come as you are and hang out.

          Eleanor