FW: [midrealmpage] Forwarding a Pennsic request

  • Patricia E. Chadwick
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 8, 2008

      From: midrealmpage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:midrealmpage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of tmartell48854
      Sent: Sunday, June 08, 2008 6:26 PM
      To: midrealmpage@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [midrealmpage] Forwarding a Pennsic request

      Good afternoon. As people prepare for attending Pennsic I would like
      to remind them
      of the Children's Fete held every year in the Barn. We are looking
      for volunteers to
      staff the fete this year and I am trying to reach as many folks as
      possible. Please
      cross post the letter following this email to as many lists as you

      Thank you!
      Hanim Kisaiya Zingara

      Rose of Atlantia
      and is held to honor the youth of the SCA. This year, in addition to
      celebrating the
      youth of our Society, we would like to dedicate the Fete to Duchess
      Schattenwald. Duchess Aislinn was a joyous person who celebrated
      life and embodied
      the spirit of the SCA.

      As in previous years, the Fete will have a variety of arts and
      crafts, ongoing
      activities and live performances to amuse and delight all ages. We
      may be having
      some activities that involve water or messes, so please make sure
      your young ones
      are dressed appropriately. There will be light snacks and drinks
      available for
      children and their parents.

      The Fete is designed for children ages four and up. Those children
      ages four, five
      and six must have an adult (or teen who is at least 14 years old)
      remain with them
      throughout the festivities. Older children should be checked on
      periodically by
      parents or guardians to ensure their safety and suitable behavior.

      Parents and guardians please note that if your child has food
      allergies or other
      health issues that they are unable to manage or if they may not
      leave the party
      unescorted, you should remain with your child at the Fete. Due to
      the large numbers
      of children that attend the Fete, organizers cannot be responsible
      for these issues.
      The parent or guardian's location during the party must be given as
      children come
      through check-in at the Fete. We ask that children do not bring
      personal articles
      with them while attending the Children's Fete, as the organizers
      will not be
      responsible for lost, broken or stolen items.

      Volunteers needed
      We are currently still in need of volunteers for the party. We have
      need of gentles
      that want to be sponsors of their own chosen activity or help with
      activities that
      need additional people. Gentles are needed to set up and help clean
      up, and also to
      provide general help (i.e. signing in children, serving
      refreshments, wandering
      staff, etc.). We can never have too many people helping. Volunteers
      will need to be
      at the barn at noon if they want to help with setup of the Fete.

      If you would like to help, or need additional information, contact
      Hanim Kisaiya
      Zingara (Dawn Davis) at baronesskisaiya@ yahoo.com or at (704) 678-
      7761. You may
      also contact, Duchess Isabel Grimault at duchessisabel@ yahoo.com and