Ayreton Arts Martial Practices

  • Ayreton Towne Cryer
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 11, 2006
      The Ayreton Fighter Practices

        SUNDAY

      ** Grey Gargoyles - Sunday April 16th is Easter.  As such official practice at the Grey Gargoyles is cancelled.  However, there will be a few people who plan to attend unofficially to practice with each other.

        Please note that Sir Fern's beginner's class is officially over.  She reports it was a fun class to do and that people did well in it.

        The Province of Tree Girt Sea, Shire of Grey Gargoyles and Shire of Vanished Woods all officially practice at the Grey Gargoyles site every Sunday of the month.  We call this the Ayreton Fighter Practice.  Practices have been starting at 2p

          Directions to the Grey Gargoyles Site

          Be Warned that the Dan Ryan (90/94) Is Subject to construction.  You may wish to take an alternate route.

        Ida Noyes Hall -
      59th Street and Woodlawn Ave., Chicago IL 60637.
      Find the best route to I-90/I-94 in
      South Chicago. Take I-90/I-90 and exit
      at
      Garfield Blvd. (55th St.) Turn east immediately (first light) and
      proceed past 5 stoplights. Cross Martin Luther King drive and enter park.
      At the Y in the road go right. This will lead you onto the Midway
      Plaisance (
      59th St.) Go to Woodlawn Ave, turn left and park. Ida Noyes Hall
      is on the northeast corner of Woodlawn and Midway. See map for details

        LINK

        http://grey-gargoyles.uchicago.edu/calendar/#IDANOYES

        If you choose to take an alternate route that includes the
      Lake Shore Drive please be aware that vehicles with Class B plates are not allowed on the Lake Shore Drive.

        This is not the only practice in the Ayreton and outlying areas.

      ** Raven's Lake

      I am happy to announce that Raven's Lake Arts Martial Practice has started up again!

      Fighter Practice is starting again at 1 pm on Sundays (except the 1st of every
      month). We will focus on training new fighters and melee practice.  This practice is also a rapier, archery and thrown weapons practice as well !!!

      Also due to Easter there is NO practice this Sunday.  The next practice will be April 23rd, 2006

      Here is the location:

      The Church of the Holy Family
      25291 Lehmann Blvd
      Lake Villa, IL 60046.
      One block south of 132 on rte 59.

       TUESDAY PRACTICES

      **  Thieves of Heart

        This is currently only a Rapier practice however it is open to heavy fighters as well.  If you are a heavy fighter interested in this practice please contact the Ravenslake Knights Marshall Gintaras at gintarasthetaura@...

        This practice includes 1/2 hour to 1 hour of instruction for rapier at the beginning of the practice.  Marked improvement has been noted for those that attend the practice in their skills.  Everyone is welcome to attend!

        Directions to the Thieves of Heart Practice!!

        Practices are held Tuesday evenings 6:30p to 9p at the
      Glenbrook North High School.  Address: 2300 Shermer Road, Northbrook IL.

        Best way to I - 294 to Willow Road Exit.  Exit
      Willow road to the EAST.  Aprox 1.9 miles to Shermer Road.  Turn Left onto Shermer road.  Follow Shermer 4 blocks to the last driveway into the school and turn left.  Go past the stop sign, turn left into the next parking lot and then turn right behind the tennis courts.  The parking lot will be on your left.  Look for the propped open door to the gym that will be on your left as you enter the parking lot.

      ** Foxvale

        The Incipient Shire of Foxvale has practice in
      Aurora, IL from 6p to 9p on Tuesday nights as well.  Here is a link to their events calendar.  Simply click on the link in the calendar to get driving directions.  http://www.foxvale.org/events/php

        TOWNE CRYERS NOTE

        If anyone else would like any Arts Martial practice announced that takes place in the Ayreton Area please let me know.  I will happily announce it.

      Thank you everyone!

        Ian the Green
        Ayreton Towne Cryer

    • Ayreton Towne Cryer

        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 24, 2006
[...]

          I am happy to announce that Ravenlake Arts Martial Practice has started up again!

          Fighter Practice is starting again at 1 pm on Sundays (except the 1st of every
          month). We will focus on training new fighters and melee practice.  This practice is also a rapier, archery and thrown weapons practice as well !!!

          Here is the location:

          The Church of the Holy Family
          25291 Lehmann Blvd
          Lake Villa, IL 60046.
          One block south of 132 on rte 59.

          More information is available on the Ravenslake Website simply click on calendar on the menu to the left side of your screen.

          MONDAY PRACTICES

          ** Foxvale Youth Boffer Practice

          Come one come all that have children they wish to learn the ways of chivalry!!!

          Monday May 1,
          6:30 to 8:30
          Located at the Aurora Community Center 3rd Floor
          501 College Ave, Aurora, IL 60506