FW: [Village Green] New Regional Commander

  • Scribesquire@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 2, 2008
      Greetings to the Midlands Regional Army from Baron Gintaras,

      I hope that everyone is having an excellent spring and is ready to launch into
      summer. This missive is being sent to notify you of a change that has taken
      place in the Midlands
      Command Structure. Sir Gaylen the Smiling informed me that he is stepping down
      from Command of the Midlands this year since he is
      unable to attend the Pennsic War. I want to thank Sir Gaylen for all of his
      efforts this year in his efforts in preparing our army. I'm sure that you, like
      I, will greatly miss his leadership and companionship this Pennsic.

      In his absence Sir Theodric has offered me the position of Regional Commander,
      a position that I humbly accept. For almost ten years I
      have fought in the Midlands Army whether at Pennsic, Gulf Wars, Border Skirmish
      or at practice. I have always been proud to be a member of this fighting unit;
      never once has it let me down . We are a strong and diverse group with hearts
      are dedicated to the Middle Kingdom. As Commander you can expect that I can be
      your leader, friend, and greatest supporter of the Midlands Army. If there is
      any point in time that you are in need, please let me know and I will do what I

      As commander I will do many things, but I expect each fighter to take on these
      simple tasks:

      look out for and help your fellow soldier

      sure that your armor and weapons are in good condition prior to every
      battleDo not
      place yourself in any situation in which you are uncomfortable Make
      sure that you READ the rules for Pennsic and know the schedule of battles

      Doing these tasks makes the Kingdom�s job much easier and
      makes you a more competent solider. Number four is especially important.
      While your commanders are expected to know the battle plan, you should know the
      details of the battle. You can learn all about the war point battles and their
      rules at www.pennsicwar.org.

      Later this summer I will publish
      further communications to the Region. For now I would like to turn your
      attention to Border Skirmish. If you do not know about this event it is a
      friendly scrimmage between the Middle Kingdom and Northshield. This year it is
      taking place near Milwaukee, in Wisconsin.
      The Midrealm Army greatly needs your support in this scuffle.

      Obviously, the Kingdom
      of Northshield is expected to turn
      out in great numbers and the Midlands is expected to
      turn the tide. Please do not delay in preparing for this event. It should be on
      the schedule of every fighter in the Midlands. This is
      OUR fight on OUR border. We owe it to our Kingdom to show up in
      strength and defend the northern front. Tell your friends in the Region
      and the Kingdom to attend this event. The website is:
      http://caerante rth.northshield.org/Calendar/BorderSkirmish/5/index.php

      If you have any questions do not
      hesitate to contact me at either gintarasthetaura@...
      or 847-421-6229. I look forward to standing beside you on the battlefield.

      Baron Gintaras the Tauras
      Regional Commander

      Make every e-mail and IM count. Join the i�m Initiative from Microsoft.

      Reminder: The Village Green is meant to be used for announcements pertaining to
      the Midlands region. Please carry any discussions to the Frasers Oak List, a
      comfortable tavern where you may relax and chat with your Midlands friends over
      a pint of Angus' Best. You may subscribe to the Oak from:

      <*> Your email settings:
      Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to:
      (Yahoo! ID required)