Swedish Day in Geneva, Illinois

  • Folo Watkins
    Message 1 of 1 , May 22, 2008
      Forgive the excitement!

      On 15 June, Micel Folcland will be holding an encampment at Swedish
      Day in Good Templar Park, home of the 1893 reproduction of the
      Gokstad ship, _Viking._ That is reason enough to attend, but the
      business manager for Swedish day just wrote to tell me that they will
      have two Icelandic horses there!

      For folk who haven't seen them, Icelandic horses are the nearest we
      have today to horses of the Viking Age, from before interbreeding had
      changed them totally. they are just a shade too tall to be called
      ponies, and they're shaggy, intelligent little critters with a gait
      that is unique to them. Icelandic law prohibits the import of any
      other horses, or even the return of any Icelandic horses who have
      gone overseas.

      Entrance is $5 ($4 if you pre-register). For more details, see
      http://www.swedishday.net/

      Cheers, Folo
      www.micelfolcland.org