Latin Translations

  • John Adams
    Message 1 of 1 , May 18, 2008
      I was amused to hear someone was looking for a translation of the following: "If you can't play nicely, take your ball and go home." Since such efforts are an occasional distraction for me, I have provided it here:
      "Si vos can non lascivio puteus per alius, tunc vado domus per vestri crepundia."
      While not quite a perfect translation (especially with the punctuation), I'm sure it's more than close enough for its intended purpose. :)
      -- Grimkirk
      oportet vinco rudis in proprius lingua primoris
      "one should master rudeness in one's own language first"