RE: regarding Lutr and Tessa (language alert):

  • elliot liebson
    Message 1 of 1 , May 18, 2008
      From a former BOD member in Calontir:

      "Reason 48,959 to be ever so glad that I am no longer on the Board...

      Corpora does not allow any flexibility in this circumstance. Why
      doesn't Corpora allow any flexibility? Because there are various
      arrogant assholes in various kingdoms who have caused it, at some point,
      to seem desirable not to allow any flexibility. That's why. These
      people were not those assholes. But they and the Midrealm get to suffer
      because of the assholes."

      Translation: when you make a rule, everyone has to follow it, no matter how nit-picky, or else the rule goes away.  I've dealt with this many times in government, where nit-picky zoning laws have to be enforced in even-more nit-picky ways on perfectly decent people, because the assholes for whom the law was written for have good lawyers and were watching.  So far as I can see everyone is being a good sport about it (under the circumstances), so while this is a seriously unfortunate turn of events, I don't see it as a WTF moment.

      Salamon

      Make no small plans. They have no magic to stir humanity’s blood

      and probably themselves will not be realized.

      Make big plans; aim high in hope and work,

      remembering that a noble, logical plan once recorded will never die,

      but long after we are gone will be a living thing,

      asserting itself with ever-growing insistency.

      Remember that our sons and daughters are going to do things that will stagger us.

      Let your watchword be order and your beacon, beauty.

      Think big.

      --Daniel Burnham

      "Get her.  That was your big plan."

      --Peter Venkman

      This is the most stupid thing I have ever heard. What reason on Earth can
      they not give these people a break over a 3-day lapse that has NOTHING to do
      with their reign, and only exists in MUNDANE PAPERWORK? What kind of
      organization is this to which we belong? A heartless bureaucracy? Or a
      volunteer educational organization dedicated to preserving the BEST of human
      civilization and civility?

      I thought when I joined that it was the later.

      This is utterly contemptible.

      Rosaline Weaver

      Mka Mary Otto

      Seriously considering my association with people who could do this