Re: [Office 2007 files]

  • Sarafina Sinclair
    Message 1 of 1 , May 16, 2008
      I just realized that this was already answered -after- I sent my earlier message.

      While I have your attention, will we have a large presence at Kingdom A&S/Crown and is there interest in setting up a PIB day camp there?

      -Sarafina

      On 5/16/08, Nobody Special <harmless@...> wrote:

      <quote who="Earik MacSkellie">
      > Hi there. I hadn't seen any of your posts to the guild group yet. I just
      > checked, and your messages were all pending approval. I wasn't notified
      > that there were any messages pending. That has now been fixed. Sorry for
      the
      > inconvenience. What software are you using to try to read the file? It is
      > in word 2007, and sent from a different computer than I am using now. I
      just
      > opened it with word xp on this computer and have attached that to this
      > e-mail. I hope this solves helps.
      -------------------

      For those of you who don't know when Microsoft introduced Office 2007 they
      also introduced the DOCX file.

      The DOCX files primary purpose it to be incompatible with other file
      editting software (such as Open Office) and prior versions of Office (such
      as Office XP).

      For the older versions of Office Microsoft finally offered an addin that
      allows you to open the files... but for the rest of us that don't use
      Microsoft products - we have no way to open these files.

      Please when using Office 2007 to save documents you want others to read
      please select "File > Save As" and choose DOC not DOCX.

      Thank you.

      --
      Seamus

      --