Re: [Ayreton] Brewing Aid

  • Sarafina Sinclair
    Message 1 of 7 , May 16, 2008
      Jadwiga and others,

      If you have a new pc and the newest version of Word, it automatically saves the file as a docx file type so as to not be automatically compatible with older versions of itself. There are some new features to word and I would guess that MS is trying to force people to upgrade. However, if you do a "Save As" you can change the file type to be compatible with Word 97-2002, ie doc file types.

      If you have the ability to create pdf files, that would be the best option. Anyone with adobe reader (which is free) can then open them.

      Hope this helps.

      Sarafina :D

      PS Hope to see many of you at Chaos Caravan tomorrow. Please feel free to set up with or near us and make use of the shade and ice water provided.

      On 5/16/08, Carrot Khan <carrot.khan@...> wrote:

      Morning all,

      Hate to spam the list with something that should be sent to the Brewing Guild list, but I'm three letters in already and still no reply.  I do not know if my letters are not being received or being blocked or other frustrating fun and games.

      My request centers around this central theme - I would very much like to read the uploaded and proposed charter, but it's saved as an .docx and not a .doc.  There is not a single reading-system currently on my computer (and trust me, I have many) that will translate this document into something other than gibberish.  Is it possible to upload the file again - this time saved specifically as a .doc and NOT a .docx?  Barring that, perhaps a translated form of this proposed charter could just be emailed to me?  I am becoming very frustrated and disheartened by my inability to get a readable copy or any reply to my request.

      Jadwiga

      --
      Mistress Sarafina Sinclair, OL
      http://ladysarafina.home.att.net