Ayreton Area Activities Announcement

  • Ayreton Chronicler
    Message 1 of 1 , May 12, 2008
      Greetings unto the populace of Ayreton and surrounding areas, from the Ayreton Chronicler!

      MONDAY ACTIVITIES

      BARONS NOYSE

      Monday Nights from 7:30 to 9:00 p.m. at Robbyan and Fern's.  Any instrument is welcome, recorders can be borrowed and Robbyan is willing to teach.  Absolute beginners please call first as some sight reading ability is necessary - this can also be taught.

      Phone Number: (773) 764-1920

      Address: 2506 W. Morse Ave. , Chicago , IL 60645

      SILVER THIMBLE GUILD FOR CONSPICUOUS CONSUMPTION

      Join the Guild on Monday nights for sewing and garb research.  The Silver Thimble Guild meets on Monday nights at Mistress Juliana's house, just Northwest of downtown--call before coming- 773-750-2180.
      TUESDAY ACTIVITIES

      We have started a bi-monthly dance practice every 1st and 3rd Tuesday of the month at Glenbrook-North High School in Northbrook.   I hope that this endeavor will flourish and more people will join us.  Contact Kristiana for more details, or the Thieves of Hearts.
      --------------------------
      WEDNESDAY ACTIVITIES

      TREE GIRT SEA SCRIBAL NIGHT

      Scribe Night is open to anyone in the Ayreton region who is interested in calligraphy and
      illumination.

      Who: THL Jocelyn of Lutterworth (mka Vickie Rayhill)

      When: 1st, 3rd, and 5th Wednesdays of the month.

      Time: 7:30 pm to 10 pm

      More info: 847-824-3814

      AYRETON DANCE PRACTICE

      Practice is open to any and all who wish to dance.

      Who: THL Teleri Ferch Ryhs Morgan (mka Sharon Spanogle), Lord Dunstan Bramblette, Lord Quintias

      When: Every Wednesday barring disaster.
      Where: U of C Burton Judson Hall (1005 E. 60th Street)
      Time: 7:00 pm to 9 pm

      First timers, please call before showing up.

      More info: 773-512-1498

      THURSDAY ACTIVITIES

      Rokkhealden Scriptorium

      UPCOMING DATES:

      Thur. May 22 (moot)
      Thur. Jun. 5
      Thur. Jun. 26 (moot)
      Thur. Jul. 10 (Note: NOT the normal 1st Thursday due to the holiday and library closing early)
      Thur. Jul. 24 (moot)

      The Pippins -- Tree Girt Sea

      The Pippins are an a capella singing group performing medieval and renaissance choral music both in the SCA and for modern Chicagoland audiences.  We meet on the north side of Chicago ( Andersonville ) every Thursday, from 7:45 - 10 pm.  Please call for more information: 312-259-6688.

      Vanished Wood Sewing Guild

      This is a schedule for meetings of the Vanished Wood sewing guild, which is open to all comers. For further information contact Acelina

      5/22 Guild at Westburg Manor
      6/5 Guild at House of London-Hughes

      FRIDAY ACTIVITIES

      Needlework/Fiber Arts Night
      Every third Friday of the month, 6 pm - 10 pm

      Bring a project to work on or the willingness to learn something new.

      For more information, email: gschneid@....

      SUNDAY ACTIVITIES

      Heralds at Home

      Phebe and Kevin will be hosting heraldry at their home on the last Sunday of each month:

      3935 N. Kostner Chi, IL 60641.
      Phone 773-286-5952.

      All area heralds, and any clients who wish to attend are welcome. Heraldic services for name and device researches will be available at this "one stop". Exact time in each afternoon to follow soon.

      Science! Night

      Alternating Sunday Nights from 5:00 to 10:00 p.m. at Angus and Rosaline's

      Phone Number: (630) 963-9128

      Address: 5224 Pennywood Drive, Lisle, IL  60532-2030

      Next scheduled Science! nights are:
      May 25

      Bring a Science project to show off, work on, get help with, your science projects. We have facilities for working in wood, leather, paper, food, cloth and light metal. Bring your own safety equipment!

      Grey Gargoyles/Ayreton A&S afternoons

      For the past several months, we've had a growing number of people showing up at Ayreton combined fighter practice on Sundays at Ida Noyes to do casual A&S, gab, et cetera. We hope to begin introducing some beginners tutorials in various arts
      and sciences during these meets soon, and I think many of these will be
      of great interest to the Ayreton populace as a whole.   Timing coincides with the Ayreton fighter practices.

      This is an e-mail announcement from the Ayreton Cryer. If you wish to have an activity, demo, event or other type of SCA get together announced feel free to contact me and request an announcement be made. If you find any errors in this message please send me corrections.