Corrections!

  • Ayreton Towne Cryer
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 5, 2006
      The one sure thing about being human is making mistakes.  I certainly make my share.  Please find the corrections below

      **  Vanished Woods Sewing Guild

      ** Sarafina Sewing

      ** Vanished Woods Sewing Guild

      Previously I had said that the sewing guild was on the 6th. This is an error.  Please know that the sewing guild is on the 13th.  Please find below a reprint witht he correction.

      The next Vanished Wood Sewing Guild will be held on Thursday, April 13th at 6:30 at the home of Onnen and Meurig (Melinda and Paul Beck) at 2310 W. Nichols Rd, Apt C, Arlington Heights IL.  (847-483-5279, please call after 9am and before 10pm)
      The directions are as follows (Google maps work, but do NOT trust Mapquest, Yahoo maps or the like as they will put you in another suburb):

      For most of you from the south, Take your best route to the I/90-I290/53 intersection near Woodfield.  Once past the I90 intersection, the I290/53 expressway continues north as Rt 53.  Follow the Rt 53 expressway north until it ends at Lake Cook Rd, going east (right) on Lake Cook.  Turn Right into the first driveway at Country Glen Apartments.  You will be on Nichols Road (indicated on the Country Glen Apt sign, but not a street sign).  Turn right before reaching the third speedbump (signs will indicate building numbers, of which you are looking for 2310).  Proceed through the first parking lot and around the small pond, turning right when reaching the second parking lot (marked "B").  We will have a sign on the balcony indicating our unit.  Please park in an un-numbered space, as the numbered spaces are reserved for specific tenants and you may be towed if the tenant comes home.

      If you are coming from any other direction, please call.
      Thanks, Onnen/Melinda

      ** Sarafina Sewing

      I had completely misunderstood my converstation with THL Sarafina.  I thought it was the 4th Sunday of this month.  This however is terribly incorrect.

      The Workshop is THIS COMING Sunday April 9th at 2 pm.  Yes, that is directly after the newcomers' orientation being done by Countess Sir Fern at 1pm.  At Grey Gargoyles, Ida Noyes.

      Sarafina's Sewing workshop is on patterning. She will have books of portraits and will discuss the shapes of different articles of clothing and how to "get there from here."

    • Ayreton Towne Cryer
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 30, 2006
        The one sure thing about being human is making mistakes.  I certainly make my share.  Please find the corrections below

        ** Pennsic is still on the brain.

        ** Ayreton Fighter Practice

        Pennsic is still on the brain.  Or the Brain is still on Pennsic.  But while Pennsic is great, I'm here in Chicago looking forward to 36 a LOT.  :-)  Really I did THINK to take it off the announcement... so much for the thought counting.

        Ayreton Fighter Practice - The practice site is open to any who wish to go to practice.  However, due to the Middle Kingdom Academy of Defense Talib's Class from 1 to 2:30 p.m. will NOT be happening.  Remember that the building we ussually get to use is CLOSED until the University of Chicago Fall semester is underway.

        I know of no other mistakes in my announcements but that doesn't mean there aren't any.

        Remember I do not make unsolicited announcements.  I see a lot of activities, demos and events that happen in the area but I can't see them all.  If you want me to help you and your group by making a single or series of announcements I will be most happy to do so!

        So let me know what you have going on and I'll do my best to make sure everyone else knows about it as well!