Re: PIB support for our neighboring Barony

  • Craig
    Message 1 of 2 , May 9 3:34 PM
      Greetings!

      I want to second Acelina and say this looks like a great opportunity
      for Ayreton.

      We can both support our neighbors and also help with recruitment. And
      it is a great opportunity for us to try and plan across our groups
      for demo activities and also coordinating newcomers to their closest
      branch.

      And if the demo gets much interest, we could even invite newcomers to
      the Ayreton Arts Academy a month later.

      Your Servant to Command,
      ~Philip White

      --- In Ayreton@yahoogroups.com, Dayle Harding <acelinaofderelei@...>
      wrote:

      > Greetings all--
      >
      > The Barony of Carriag Ban (DeKalb) has been asked to do a demo at
      Batavia High School on Tuesday May 20th from 6:30-8:00 pm in
      conjunction with the Medieval section of their 6th grade social
      studies. Activities planned include fighting outdoors, and several
      tables with "displays" either outdoors or indoors (weather
      depending). The fighting can be indoors, too, for that matter.

      > Anyway, the areas of display being planned are:
      >
      > C & I
      > Sewing/Costuming (although this might be just the garb that people
      are in)
      > Heraldry
      > Armor and Weapons
      > Embroidery
      > Music
      >
      > They have asked for help, and I think it would be a great idea if
      we could provide this support as the PIB next door, so to speak. At
      the moment, there is only heavy fighting being planned, but rapier
      would be welcome if we could get a marshal and some fighters. We
      could use more heavy fighters, as well, and definitely people to man
      the different tables for display. We also need people for
      constabling and color. There is the potential for 400-500 people to
      be at this....they had over 400 for their Egyptian night in the
      Fall. So, the more, the better.

      > I will be happy to be the "point" person on this, so please contact
      me if you can make it, or if you have an idea for this, or both.