Website Updates

  • Sarafina Sinclair
    Message 1 of 5 , May 9, 2008
      Good Morning fellow citizens,

      I have been updating the webpage to keep everyone up to date with what's going on in the area. I generally update the page based on the Cryer's messages or if I glean something from other messages posted here. Please check the page periodically for what's new.

      If you notice anything that is missing or needs to be corrected, please do not hesitate to let me know.

      In Service,

      Sarafina :D

      --
      Mistress Sarafina Sinclair, OL
      http://ladysarafina.home.att.net
      Message 2 of 5 , May 9, 2008
        Mistress Sarafina, an observation from a (current) outsider:  the page link in your signature is not to the Ayreton events/schedule, and not everyone will think to use the calendar link in the Yahoo glut below...
        and I'm not sure that is what you were referring to, either.

        I've found it generally useful in my own work -- and play! -- to explicitly include the referenced URL for this type of notification.

        Amra / Mike / Kihe

        Message 3 of 5 , May 9, 2008
          Here it is:

          http://www.ayreton.org/

          --- In Ayreton@yahoogroups.com, "Mike C. Baker" <KiheBard@...> wrote:

          > Mistress Sarafina, an observation from a (current) outsider: the
          page
          > link in your signature is not to the Ayreton events/schedule, and
          not
          > everyone will think to use the calendar link in the Yahoo glut
          below...
          > and I'm not sure that is what you were referring to, either.
          >
          > I've found it generally useful in my own work -- and play! -- to
          > explicitly include the referenced URL for this type of notification.
          >
          > Amra / Mike / Kihe
          >

          > _____

          Behalf
          > Of Sarafina Sinclair
          > Sent: Friday, May 09, 2008 9:59 AM
          > To: Ayreton@yahoogroups.com
          > Subject: [Ayreton] Website Updates
          >

          > Good Morning fellow citizens,
          >
          > I have been updating the webpage to keep everyone up to date with
          what's
          > going on in the area. I generally update the page based on the
          Cryer's
          > messages or if I glean something from other messages posted here.
          Please
          > check the page periodically for what's new.
          >
          > If you notice anything that is missing or needs to be corrected,
          please
          > do not hesitate to let me know.
          >
          > In Service,
          >
          > Sarafina :D
          >
          > --
          > Mistress Sarafina Sinclair, OL
          > http://ladysarafina <http://ladysarafina.home.att.net> .home.att.net

        • Fern
          Message 4 of 5 , May 9, 2008
            Dear Aryeton,

            In order for Foxvale to advance to a full status group, they need to convince the royalty, curia, kingdom transition officers, etc, that they know how to play nicely in the SCA.

            One way to do this is to show testamonials from other SCA folk. Foxvale can include such testamonials in the packet of info that they will send up the kingdom officers.

            So I have written a letter of support, and I encourage everyone else to do the same thing. I include my letter, in case anyone needs an example of how to write one. The best kind of letters are personal, specific, and positive. It's a good thing if we can give lots and lots of examples. Be sure to include your own name, rank(s), and relationship to Foxvale.

            These letters should be sent to the senescal of Foxvale, Lady Fiona, at Jobear_4@...

            It's also OK to send copies to any Kingdom or Regional officers you like. The more, the merrier! Likelwise, the more letters from different people, the better! Enthusiasm is more important than rank for this kind of thing.

            Thanks for your attention!

            Fern

            *****************
            Unto Lutr and Tessa, Most Wise and Gracious Sovereigns of the Midrealm,
            and the the Great Lords and Ladies of State, and their successors.

            It is my great pleasure to write a letter for the Incipient Shire of Foxvale, in support of their advancement to full status.

            The incipient Shire of Fovale is one of the most mature and good-natured SCA groups that I have ever seen. The members are superb examples of all the virtues of courtesy, service, fealty, and devotion to the ideals of the SCA. They are uniformly cooperative, friendly, and helpful. They are very good with new people, and I can always trust them to give unselfishly of their time and their talents.

            The officers of the incipient Shire have very good leadership skills, and they have a thorough understanding of their incipient Shire. This makes it very easy to interact with Foxvale, because there is such teamwork and good coordination among the officers and the members.

            The members of Foxvale search out opportunities to be of service to the neighboring groups, especially the opportunity to serve at feasts. My own group, the Province of Tree Girt Sea, has had many reasons to be grateful to the incipient Shire of Foxvale during the last 10 years. We have depended on them to serve feast at our annual 12th Night event, as they did this year, when Her Majesty Tessa joined us during her time as Princess. As always, the Foxvale people were prompt, dependable, and hardworking. They were great!

            Both the group and the individuals are well-known in my area for their willingness to help out in any kind of way, at anybody's events. Last year they helped me when I brought the wrong garb to the Midrealm Academy of Defense in Ravenslake. I was wearing Elizabethan chemise, vest, and skirt, which was fine for observing. But I discovered that I wanted to ride the "Equine Sims" (full size wooden horse models) to join the class on period fighting manuals. Chemise and skirts are not very good for riding horses, so I went looking for some clothes to borrow. When I couldn't find any spare pants, Lord Gareth Ostwestly, from the Incipient Shire of Foxvale, generously slipped into the bathroom and removed his drawstring pants, leaving him with only running shorts beneath his tunic. Amid much laughter, I shimmied into his bloomers and tucked my entire skirt into the large-size lap. The bloomers worked perfectly for riding horses, and allowed me to enjoy an entirely new aspect of the Middle Ages.

            Even more importantly, I believe that Gareth would have done exactly the same thing for anyone who asked, even for someone he didn't know. This is the kind of behavior that is regularly demonstrated by the members of the incipient Shire of Foxvale, and I strongly recommend their advancement to full status. This group is already a valuable asset to the Midrealm, and I am confident that they will continue to bring joy and friendship to all their actions in the future.

            With great respect,

            Countess Sir Fern de la Foret, OR, OP.
          • Sarafina Sinclair
            Message 5 of 5 , May 9, 2008
              Hola,

              The webpage link in my signature is to my personal webpage. Sorry for the confusion.

              You can get to the ayreton site by going to http://ayreton.org which redirects to http://ayreton.home.att.net

              Thanks!!

              Sarafina :D

              On 5/9/08, Mike C. Baker <KiheBard@...> wrote:

              Mistress Sarafina, an observation from a (current) outsider:  the page link in your signature is not to the Ayreton events/schedule, and not everyone will think to use the calendar link in the Yahoo glut below...
              and I'm not sure that is what you were referring to, either.

              I've found it generally useful in my own work -- and play! -- to explicitly include the referenced URL for this type of notification.

              Amra / Mike / Kihe

              Y! Entertainment

              World of Star Wars

              Rediscover the force.