PIB support for our neighboring Barony

  • Dayle Harding
    Message 1 of 2 , May 8, 2008
      Greetings all--

      The Barony of Carriag Ban (DeKalb) has been asked to do a demo at Batavia High School on Tuesday May 20th from 6:30-8:00 pm in conjunction with the Medieval section of their 6th grade social studies.  Activities planned include fighting outdoors, and several tables with "displays" either outdoors or indoors (weather depending).  The fighting can be indoors, too, for that matter.

      Anyway, the areas of display being planned are:

      C & I
      Sewing/Costuming (although this might be just the garb that people are in)
      Heraldry
      Armor and Weapons
      Embroidery
      Music

      They have asked for help, and I think it would be a great idea if we could provide this support as the PIB next door, so to speak.  At the moment, there is only heavy fighting being planned, but rapier would be welcome if we could get a marshal and some fighters.  We could use more heavy fighters, as well, and definitely people to man the different tables for display.  We also need people for constabling and color.  There is the potential for 400-500 people to be at this....they had over 400 for their Egyptian night in the Fall.  So, the more, the better.

      I will be happy to be the "point" person on this, so please contact me if you can make it, or if you have an idea for this, or both.

      Thanks,
      Acelina

    • Craig
      Message 2 of 2 , May 9, 2008
        Greetings!

        I want to second Acelina and say this looks like a great opportunity
        for Ayreton.

        We can both support our neighbors and also help with recruitment. And
        it is a great opportunity for us to try and plan across our groups
        for demo activities and also coordinating newcomers to their closest
        branch.

        And if the demo gets much interest, we could even invite newcomers to
        the Ayreton Arts Academy a month later.

        Your Servant to Command,
        ~Philip White

        --- In Ayreton@yahoogroups.com, Dayle Harding <acelinaofderelei@...>