Ayreton Arts Martial Announcements

  • Ayreton Towne Cryer
    Message 1 of 118 , May 6, 2008
      Oyez, oyez!  Here are the martial activities known to be happening in Ayreton and surrounding area this week.  Please let me know if there are any additions or changes to the Arts Martial activities.

      NOTE: These announcements are for activities happening in the Proto-Incipient Barony of Ayreton and surrounding areas.

      YOUTH BOFFER

      Please contact the Youth Boffer organizers for accurate and up-to-date Youth Boffer practice information.

      Acelina is the marshall in charge. djc137@...
      Anna has the key.  KCMalone3@...

      If you are interested, contact Mark, mark@... or Anna for an invite to the boffer group for monthly reminders and other youth boffer information.

      SUNDAY PRACTICES

      AYRETON FIGHTER PRACTICE
      The Province of Tree Girt Sea, Shire of Grey Gargoyles, Shire of Rokkhealdon, and Shire of Vanished Woods all officially practice at the Grey Gargoyles site every Sunday of the month.

      This practice is scheduled to start at 2 p.m. every Sunday.

      Directions to the Grey Gargoyles Site

      Be warned that the Dan Ryan (90/94) is subject to construction.  You may wish to take an alternate route.  Alternate directions can be found at:

      Please be aware that if you do take Lake Shore Drive as your alternate route Class "B" License Plates are NOT allowed on Lake Shore Drive .

        Ida Noyes Hall - 59th St. and Woodlawn Ave. , Chicago , IL 60637

      - Find the best route to I-90/I-94 in South Chicago . Take I-90/I-90 and exit
      at Garfield Blvd. ( 55th St .)
      - Turn east immediately (first light) and proceed past 5 stoplights.
      - Cross Martin Luther King drive and enter park.
      - At the Y in the road go right. This will lead you onto the Midway Plaisance ( 59th St .)
      - Go to Woodlawn Avenue , Turn left and park. Ida Noyes Hall is on the northeast corner of Woodlawn and Midway. See map for details

        Map Link
      http://grey-gargoyles.uchicago.edu/calendar/#IDANOYES

      TUESDAY PRACTICES

      FOXVALE FIGHTER PRACTICE/A&S NIGHT

      Please confirm with the Foxvale folk on this practice and its location.

      THIEVES OF HEARTS PRACTICE

      The Thieves of Hearts practice is open to everyone.  Newcomers are welcome, and there is loaner gear available for fencers.  Heavy fighters and Rapier fighters both attend this practice.  All levels of skill are welcomed and wanted.  Rapier and aspiring rapier practitioners will find group as well as one on one instructions in rapier combat for both singles and melee.

      Practices are held Tuesday evenings 6:30p to 9p at the Glenbrook North High SchoolAddress: 2300 Shermer Road, Northbrook, IL

      Directions to the Thieves of Hearts Practice, including a very useful and helpful overhead map can be found at: http://thieves.ayreton.org/

      Text Directions are:

      - Best way to I - 294 to Willow Road Exit.

      - Exit Willow Road to the East.  Follow to Shermer.

      - Turn Left onto Shermer road.  Follow Shermer 4 blocks to the last driveway into the
        school and turn left.

      - Go past the stop sign, turn left into the next parking lot and then turn right behind the
         tennis courts.  The parking lot will be on your left.  Look for the propped open door.

      WEDNESDAY PRACTICES

      AYRETON ARCHERY PRACTICE

      The combined Tree-Girt-Sea / Grey Gargoyles weekly practice is every Wednesday.  Everyone is welcome -- please come out!

      Date: Every Wednesday unless specified.
      Time: 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm

      7240 West Madison
      Forest Park , Illinois 60130

      Range Phone: 708 366 4864
      $8.00 / hr range fee. $0.50 per target.
      $12 for rental gear.
      http://www.archerycustomshop.com/

      All are welcome!

      This is an e-mail announcement from the Ayreton Cryer. If you wish to have an activity, demo, event or other type of SCA get together announced feel free to contact me and request an announcement be made. If you find any errors in this message please send me corrections.

    • Ayreton Chronicler
      Message 118 of 118 , Apr 12 8:56 PM

        Oyez, oyez!  Here are the martial activities known to be happening in Ayreton and surrounding area this week.

        YOUTH BOFFER PRACTICE

        Youth boffer practices are being organized right now.  Watch this space for dates and times, or contact Anna (KCMalone3@...) for details.

        SUNDAY PRACTICES

        AYRETON FIGHTER PRACTICE

        The Province of Tree Girt Sea, Shire of Grey Gargoyles, Shire of Rokkehealden, and Shire of Vanished Woods all officially practice at the Grey Gargoyles nearly every Sunday of the month.

        This practice is scheduled to start at  2 p.m. every Sunday. NOTE: Ida Noyes Hal l is unavailable some days in April.  If the weather is good, there may be outdoor practices but please verify before heading out.

[...]

        THIEVES OF HEARTS PRACTICE – back to Tuesdays starting April

        This practice is open to everyone.  Newcomers are welcome, and there is loaner gear available for fencers.  Heavy fighters and Rapier fighters both attend this practice.  All levels of skill are welcomed and wanted.  Rapier and aspiring rapier practitioners will find group as well as one on one instructions in rapier combat for both singles and melee.

        Practices are held Tuesday evenings 6:30p to 9p at the Glenbrook North High School .  Address: 2300 Shermer Road , Northbrook , IL

        Directions to the Thieves of Hearts Practice, including a very useful and helpful overhead map can be found at: http://thieves.ayreton.org/

        Text Directions are:

        - Best way to I - 294 to Willow Road Exit.

        - Exit Willow Road to the East.  Follow to Shermer.

        - Turn Left onto Shermer road.  Follow Shermer 4 blocks to the last driveway into the

          school and turn left.

        - Go past the stop sign, turn left into the next parking lot and then turn right behind the

           tennis courts.  The parking lot will be on your left.  Look for the propped open door.

        WEDNESDAY PRACTICES

        AYRETON ARCHERY PRACTICE

        The Ayreton weekly practice is every Wednesday.  Everyone is welcome -- please come out!

        Date: Every Wednesday unless specified.
        Time: 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm

        7240 West Madison
        Forest Park , Illinois 60130
        Range Phone: 708 366 4864

        $8.00 / hr range fee. $0.50 per target.
        $12 for rental gear.
        http://www.archerycustomshop.com/

        All are welcome!

        This is an e-mail announcement from the Ayreton Chronicler. If you wish to have an activity, demo, event or other type of SCA get together announced feel free to contact me and request an announcement be made. If you find any errors in this message please send me corrections.

        The Chronicler can be contacted at AyretonTowneCryer@...