Re: Heavy Fighting as a unit

  • Scribesquire@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 30, 2008
      This is what happens when I do not have a calendar handy and just decide to run with an idea.

      May 11th is NOT going to work as it is Mother's Day and a major event at IDa Noyes which will leave us with no space.

      Is Saturday, May 10th a possibility?   I know there is a major event in Ohio but if folks are not going to that?   We are looking into Ida Noyes for that day but are there other sites available?

      Please let me know if the 10th will work for you or not.

      Henry of Exeter
      PIB Heavy Marshal

      From: scribesquire@...
      Greetings,

        As Master Philip pointed out in his missive on unity, one of the topics discussed was fighting as a unit, especially at Pennsic (as part of the Midlands).   To that end I am suggesting we have a monthly practice dedicated mostly to melee fighting starting with Sunday May 11th at the University of Chicago, Ida Noyes Hall.  This is of course, WEATHER PERMITTING so we can be outside.  I woudl like to see us get another practice in on Sunday June 8th (perhaps a different outside site?) and then we can all fight as a unit at Border Skirmish.
          Please come out and join us.  Let us show some Ayreton Unity!   :)

      In Service,
      Henry of Exeter
      PIB Heavy Marshal

      PS Please cross post this to all local lists.
    • otterwwacom
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 30, 2008
        --- In Ayreton@yahoogroups.com, Scribesquire@... wrote:

        > Is Saturday, May 10th a possibility? I know there is a major event in
        >Ohio but if folks are not going to that? We are looking into Ida Noyes
        >for that day but are there other sites available?

        May 10th is also Northshield's Crown Tournament, north of Milwaukee,
        same site as Boar's Head.

        (I'm a non-combatant, just throwing out information)

        Liana Winsauer
        otterwinsauer@...
        Winsauer's Otter Necessities
        www.otternecessities.com
      • Christian Fournier
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 30, 2008
          > Is Saturday, May 10th a possibility? I know there is a major
          > event in Ohio but if folks are not going to that? We are looking
          > into Ida Noyes for that day but are there other sites available?

          I'll be at Baron Wars (the event in Ohio). It's really a great
          event, held INSIDE a fort built before the War of 1812. Last year, I
          was (if I recall correctly) single-handedly responsible for ensure
          that the Midlands was not truly an "Army of 0"-- but this year, I'd
          love to see Baron Wars be the first on-field appearance of the
          Ayreton Fighting Unit. I only need one other person to make a unit,
          right?

          XF
        • Scribesquire@comcast.net
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 30, 2008
            Unfortunately, I would have to day trip in order to go and that is 4 hours one way.  No can do.

            For anyone NOT going to Baron Wars or Northshield Crown tourney (or to the wedding of a Duke) on May 10th, we do have the Cloister Club at Ida Noyes from 2pm until 7pm (we'll be outside weatehr permitting).  This practice will be melee oriented.  Come practice and then lets all go eat dinner together!   :)

            Sunday practice, May 11th is cancelled.

            Henry of Exeter
            PIB Heavy Marshal

            From: Christian Fournier <cf@...>