Demo idea

  • Ehrenfried Schertenleib
    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 15, 2006
      Has anyone thought of doing a demo at the Re-enactor Fest in February?
    • Doug Petroshius
      Message 2 of 11 , Sep 15, 2006
        I have never heard of such a thing. Where is there a Re-enactor Fest?

        ~Gintaras~
        (GIN'-te-ris)

        >From: "Ehrenfried Schertenleib" <sgt_ehrenfried@...>
        >To: Ayreton@yahoogroups.com
        >Subject: [Ayreton] Demo idea
        >Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 19:29:57 -0000
        >
        >Has anyone thought of doing a demo at the Re-enactor Fest in February?

      • Rob Hicks
        Message 3 of 11 , Sep 15, 2006
          What's that?

          http://mail.yahoo.com
        • aldyet@broomstich.com
          Message 4 of 11 , Sep 15, 2006
            In Arlington Heights, IL

            http://www.reenactorfest.com/

            Aldyet
            (a newbie to Ayreton)
          • James McAdams
            Message 5 of 11 , Sep 15, 2006
              aldyet@... wrote:

              >In Arlington Heights, IL
              >
              >http://www.reenactorfest.com/

              The short answer (for those who haven't checked the website yet) is
              that it's a convention of reenactors. All time periods were represented
              last year. There's classes/seminars on various aspects of reenacting,
              and enough merchants to cover most feast halls.
              The demos I recall were the SCA, a Roman Legion, and a crafts area
              set up by one of the groups from Bristol Faire.

              A fun time, if nothing else just to sit and chat with folks.

              Xavier
            • David Roland
              Message 6 of 11 , Sep 16, 2006
                Yes.

                Back in the month of June I believe the Honorable Lady Mayor of
                Ayreton approached me with just this idea. I was going to start
                announcing it in December.

                I think it is a great idea and would be a way for the Ayreton Area
                to really show off the SCA and the stuff we make and do as well as
                the fun and interesting people we have.

                Ian the Green
                Ayreton Towne Cryer

                --- In Ayreton@yahoogroups.com, "Ehrenfried Schertenleib"

                Message 7 of 11 , Sep 17, 2006
                  Who from the SCA made a presence?

                  ~Gintaras~
                  (GIN'-te-ris)

                  >From: James McAdams <jmcadams@...>
                  >To: Ayreton@yahoogroups.com
                  >Subject: Re: [Ayreton] Demo idea
                  >Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 23:11:31 -0500
                  >
                  >aldyet@... wrote:
                  >
                  > >In Arlington Heights, IL
                  > >
                  > >http://www.reenactorfest.com/
                  > >

                  > The short answer (for those who haven't checked the website yet) is
                  >that it's a convention of reenactors. All time periods were represented
                  >last year. There's classes/seminars on various aspects of reenacting,
                  >and enough merchants to cover most feast halls.
                  > The demos I recall were the SCA, a Roman Legion, and a crafts area
                  >set up by one of the groups from Bristol Faire.
                  >
                  > A fun time, if nothing else just to sit and chat with folks.
                  >
                  > Xavier

                • Doug Petroshius
                  Message 8 of 11 , Sep 17, 2006
                    Okay, nevermind. I see Erenfried in one of the pics!

                  • yahoogroups@deacongestion.com
                    Message 9 of 11 , Sep 17, 2006
                      Kyla and I were there last year.
                      She got some vendor business cards.
                      Dycon
                      Message 10 of 11 , Sep 18, 2006
                        Sir Talbot was there merchanting.

                        Ehrenfried

                        --- In Ayreton@yahoogroups.com, <yahoogroups@...> wrote:

                        > Kyla and I were there last year.
                        > She got some vendor business cards.
                        > Dycon
                        Behalf
                        > Of Doug Petroshius
                        > Sent: Sunday, September 17, 2006 5:11 PM
                        > To: Ayreton@yahoogroups.com
                        > Subject: Re: [Ayreton] Demo idea
                        >

                        > Who from the SCA made a presence?
                        >
                        > ~Gintaras~
                        > (GIN'-te-ris)
                        >

                        > >From: James McAdams <jmcadams@...>
                        > >To: Ayreton@yahoogroups.com
                        > >Subject: Re: [Ayreton] Demo idea
                        > >Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 23:11:31 -0500
                        > >
                        > >aldyet@... wrote:
                        > >
                        > > >In Arlington Heights, IL
                        > > >
                        > > >http://www.reenactorfest.com/
                        > > >

                        > > The short answer (for those who haven't checked the website
                        yet) is
                        > >that it's a convention of reenactors. All time periods were
                        represented
                        > >last year. There's classes/seminars on various aspects of
                        reenacting,
                        > >and enough merchants to cover most feast halls.
                        > > The demos I recall were the SCA, a Roman Legion, and a
                        crafts area
                        > >set up by one of the groups from Bristol Faire.
                        > >
                        > > A fun time, if nothing else just to sit and chat with folks.
                        > >
                        > > Xavier
                        > >

                        > ~~~~~

                        > To discontinue receiving discussion, but still receive
                        announcements, go to
                        > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Ayreton/join and change your
                        subscription to
                        > "Special Notices". Activities coordinators, to get access to post
                        Special
                        > Notices, send a request to <Ayreton-owner@yahoogroups.com>.
                        >
                        > Yahoo! Groups Links

                      • Dayle Harding
                        Message 11 of 11 , Sep 18, 2006
                          I have some info on this.

                          Twm ap Twm is one of the organizers of the Re-enactor Fest, and started the SCA folks from around here doing a demo at it last year.  Last year, it was limited as to where the SCA people who did NOT pay to get into the fest could go, and the demo was in some way "outside" of the main hall.  Twm has said that we (the global we) will have broader access to this at the next Fest, and that he hopes to get more of us there this year.

                          As I get info from Twm at our Shire meetings, I will have Ian start posting and promoting it.

                          Acelina

                          Doug Petroshius <gintarasthetaura@...> wrote:
                          I have never heard of such a thing. Where is there a Re-enactor Fest?

                          ~Gintaras~
                          (GIN'-te-ris)

                          >From: "Ehrenfried Schertenleib" <sgt_ehrenfried@ yahoo.com>
                          >To: Ayreton@yahoogroups .com
                          >Subject: [Ayreton] Demo idea
                          >Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 19:29:57 -0000
                          >
                          >Has anyone thought of doing a demo at the Re-enactor Fest in February?

                          Do you Yahoo!?