Re: [Ayreton] Re: Grey Gargyoles

  • Ryan Pierce
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 29, 2008
      Check the OP. The College transitioned to Shire at the event where I received my AoA.

      In service,
      Ryan Murdoch Mackenzie

      Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 29, 2008
        > When did Grey Gargoyles' status change from College to
        > Shire? Just curious.

        About 10 years ago, at the Jongluers and Japes event (December 5,
        1998), held at Ida Noyes. To my knowledge, J&J was one of the first
        events (along with the series of "3 from the Tree" events) co-hosted
        by two of the groups that would later become the Ayreton Co-
        Prosperity Sphere. I remember it, because it's the day I signed up
        to join the Pippins (which means that I'm coming up on 10 years with
        that group!)

        Christian Fournier
      • John Adams
        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 29, 2008
          Danke.

          --- Christian Fournier <cf@...> wrote:
          > > --- John Adams <auldefarte@...> wrote:
          > > When did Grey Gargoyles' status change from
          > > College to Shire? Just curious.
          > >

          > About 10 years ago, at the Jongluers and Japes event
          > (December 5, 1998), held at Ida Noyes.

          Be a better friend, newshound, and
        • Tedesco da Venezia
          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 29, 2008
            That long ago, huh?  'cause when I made the Ayreton map image, the Grey Gargoyles webpage still said "College of Grey Gargoyles", which is why I put that name on the map.  Plus it sounds kinda nice considering it's location.

            When Gargoyles "loses its status" as a Shire, is it forced to become a Canton, or does it have the option to revert to it's College status?

            On Tue, Apr 29, 2008 at 2:27 PM, Christian Fournier <cf@...> wrote:
            > When did Grey Gargoyles' status change from College to
            > Shire? Just curious.

            About 10 years ago, at the Jongluers and Japes event (December 5,
            1998), held at Ida Noyes.  To my knowledge, J&J was one of the first
            events (along with the series of "3 from the Tree" events) co-hosted
            by two of the groups that would later become the Ayreton Co-
            Prosperity Sphere.  I remember it, because it's the day I signed up
            to join the Pippins (which means that I'm coming up on 10 years with
            that group!)

             Christian Fournier

            Yahoo! Groups Links

            <*> Your email settings:
               Individual Email | Traditional

            <*> To change settings online go to:
               (Yahoo! ID required)

            <*> To change settings via email:
               mailto:Ayreton-digest@yahoogroups.com

               http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          • Teleri
            Message 5 of 10 , Apr 29, 2008
              It makes me very sad that my original home group is listed as "abandonned".  Now I feel like an orphan.
              *sniff*
              Teleri
              (once known in Squirrel Haven as Meredith)

              > New File was uploaded with the correction and has replaced the old
              > incorrect graphic.
              >
              > Ian
              >

              > --- In Ayreton@yahoogroups.com, "dbldagger" wrote:
              > >
              > > Greetings,
              > >
              > > I rarely go to the actual Yahoo Group page for this group and
              > noticed
              > > that the Grey Gargoyles are noted as being a college on the main map
              > > image. To my knowledge, we are a shire. Am I incorrect in this? Have
              > > been living a lie as the group's seneschal?
              > >
              > > Can this be corrected?
              > >
              > > Thanks!

              > "Special Notices".  Activities coordinators, to get access to post Special
              > Notices, send a request to .
              > Yahoo! Groups Links

              Be a better friend, newshound, and
            • Sheehan, Justin
              Message 6 of 10 , Apr 29, 2008

                I know Kiera had shown some interest in restarting a group at Loyola. This might warrant some consideration by the larger group.

                "dbldagger" wrote:

                > > Greetings,
                > >
                > > I rarely go to the actual Yahoo Group page for this group and
                > noticed
                > > that the Grey Gargoyles are noted as being a college on the main map
                > > image. To my knowledge, we are a shire. Am I incorrect in this? Have
                > > been living a lie as the group's seneschal?
                > >
                > > Can this be corrected?
                > >
                > > Thanks!

                > ~~~~~
                >
                > To view and add events to the calendar:
                > http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/Ayreton/ cal/
                >
                > To discontinue receiving discussion, but still receive announcements, go
                > http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/Ayreton/ join
                and change your subscription to
                > "Special Notices".  Activities coordinators, to get access
                to post Special
                > Notices, send a request to .
                > Yahoo! Groups Links

                Be a better friend, newshound, and

              • Joanne Labny
                Message 7 of 10 , Apr 29, 2008
                  This is just a gentle reminder that Grey Gargoyles, or
                  any of the Shires, will lose any status by becoming
                  Cantons. Shires and Cantons have the same ranking in
                  the OP.

                  Writer's note, since emails can sometimes be read the
                  wrong way because tone of voice and emotions do not
                  come a across in writing. Please do not take this the
                  wrong way. This email was only meant as a statement
                  of fact and is no way attempting to be mean, nasty or
                  in anyway negative. This is just what happens when
                  your peer was Minister of Protocol for many years. :o)

                  Fiona