Grey Gargyoles

  • dbldagger
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 29, 2008
      Greetings,

      I rarely go to the actual Yahoo Group page for this group and noticed
      that the Grey Gargoyles are noted as being a college on the main map
      image. To my knowledge, we are a shire. Am I incorrect in this? Have I
      been living a lie as the group's seneschal?

      Can this be corrected?

      Thanks!

    • David Roland
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 29, 2008
        New File was uploaded with the correction and has replaced the old
        incorrect graphic.

        Ian

        --- In Ayreton@yahoogroups.com, "dbldagger" <emmiken@...> wrote:

        > Greetings,
        >
        > I rarely go to the actual Yahoo Group page for this group and
        noticed
        > that the Grey Gargoyles are noted as being a college on the main map
        > image. To my knowledge, we are a shire. Am I incorrect in this? Have
        > been living a lie as the group's seneschal?
        >
        > Can this be corrected?
        >
        > Thanks!

      • John Adams
        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 29, 2008
          When did Grey Gargoyles' status change from College to
          Shire? Just curious.

          -- G

          --- David Roland <mystborne@...> wrote:
          > New File was uploaded with the correction and has
          > replaced the old incorrect graphic.
          >
          > Ian
          >

          > --- In Ayreton@yahoogroups.com, "dbldagger"
          > <emmiken@...> wrote:
          > >
          > > Greetings,
          > >
          > > I rarely go to the actual Yahoo Group page for
          > > this group and noticed that the Grey Gargoyles
          > > are noted as being a college on the main map
          > > image. To my knowledge, we are a shire. Am I
          > > incorrect in this? Have I been living a lie as
          > > the group's seneschal?
          > >
          > > Can this be corrected?
          > >
          > > Thanks!

          Be a better friend, newshound, and
        • Ryan Pierce
          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 29, 2008
            Check the OP. The College transitioned to Shire at the event where I received my AoA.

            In service,
            Ryan Murdoch Mackenzie

            Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

            When did Grey Gargoyles' status change from College to
            Shire? Just curious.

            -- G

            --- David Roland <mystborne@...> wrote:
            > New File was uploaded with the correction and has
            > replaced the old incorrect graphic.
            >
            > Ian
            >

            > --- In Ayreton@yahoogroups.com, "dbldagger"
            > <emmiken@...> wrote:
            > >
            > > Greetings,
            > >
            > > I rarely go to the actual Yahoo Group page for
            > > this group and noticed that the Grey Gargoyles
            > > are noted as being a college on the main map
            > > image. To my knowledge, we are a shire. Am I
            > > incorrect in this? Have I been living a lie as
            > > the group's seneschal?
            > >
            > > Can this be corrected?
            > >
            > > Thanks!

            Yahoo! Groups Links
          • Christian Fournier
            Message 5 of 10 , Apr 29, 2008
              > When did Grey Gargoyles' status change from College to
              > Shire? Just curious.

              About 10 years ago, at the Jongluers and Japes event (December 5,
              1998), held at Ida Noyes. To my knowledge, J&J was one of the first
              events (along with the series of "3 from the Tree" events) co-hosted
              by two of the groups that would later become the Ayreton Co-
              Prosperity Sphere. I remember it, because it's the day I signed up
              to join the Pippins (which means that I'm coming up on 10 years with
              that group!)

              Christian Fournier
            • John Adams
              Message 6 of 10 , Apr 29, 2008
                Danke.

                --- Christian Fournier <cf@...> wrote:
                > > --- John Adams <auldefarte@...> wrote:
                > > When did Grey Gargoyles' status change from
                > > College to Shire? Just curious.
                > >

                > About 10 years ago, at the Jongluers and Japes event
                > (December 5, 1998), held at Ida Noyes.

                Be a better friend, newshound, and
              • Tedesco da Venezia
                Message 7 of 10 , Apr 29, 2008
                  That long ago, huh?  'cause when I made the Ayreton map image, the Grey Gargoyles webpage still said "College of Grey Gargoyles", which is why I put that name on the map.  Plus it sounds kinda nice considering it's location.

                  When Gargoyles "loses its status" as a Shire, is it forced to become a Canton, or does it have the option to revert to it's College status?

                  On Tue, Apr 29, 2008 at 2:27 PM, Christian Fournier <cf@...> wrote:
                  > When did Grey Gargoyles' status change from College to
                  > Shire? Just curious.

                  About 10 years ago, at the Jongluers and Japes event (December 5,
                  1998), held at Ida Noyes.  To my knowledge, J&J was one of the first
                  events (along with the series of "3 from the Tree" events) co-hosted
                  by two of the groups that would later become the Ayreton Co-
                  Prosperity Sphere.  I remember it, because it's the day I signed up
                  to join the Pippins (which means that I'm coming up on 10 years with
                  that group!)

                   Christian Fournier

                  Yahoo! Groups Links

                  <*> Your email settings:
                     Individual Email | Traditional

                  <*> To change settings online go to:
                     (Yahoo! ID required)

                  <*> To change settings via email:
                     mailto:Ayreton-digest@yahoogroups.com

                     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                • Teleri
                  Message 8 of 10 , Apr 29, 2008
                    It makes me very sad that my original home group is listed as "abandonned".  Now I feel like an orphan.
                    *sniff*
                    Teleri
                    (once known in Squirrel Haven as Meredith)

                    > New File was uploaded with the correction and has replaced the old
                    > incorrect graphic.
                    >
                    > Ian
                    >

                    > --- In Ayreton@yahoogroups.com, "dbldagger" wrote:
                    > >
                    > > Greetings,
                    > >
                    > > I rarely go to the actual Yahoo Group page for this group and
                    > noticed
                    > > that the Grey Gargoyles are noted as being a college on the main map
                    > > image. To my knowledge, we are a shire. Am I incorrect in this? Have
                    > > been living a lie as the group's seneschal?
                    > >
                    > > Can this be corrected?
                    > >
                    > > Thanks!

                    > "Special Notices".  Activities coordinators, to get access to post Special
                    > Notices, send a request to .
                    > Yahoo! Groups Links

                    Be a better friend, newshound, and
                  • Sheehan, Justin
                    Message 9 of 10 , Apr 29, 2008

                      I know Kiera had shown some interest in restarting a group at Loyola. This might warrant some consideration by the larger group.

                      "dbldagger" wrote:

                      > > Greetings,
                      > >
                      > > I rarely go to the actual Yahoo Group page for this group and
                      > noticed
                      > > that the Grey Gargoyles are noted as being a college on the main map
                      > > image. To my knowledge, we are a shire. Am I incorrect in this? Have
                      > > been living a lie as the group's seneschal?
                      > >
                      > > Can this be corrected?
                      > >
                      > > Thanks!

                      > ~~~~~
                      >
                      > To view and add events to the calendar:
                      > http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/Ayreton/ cal/
                      >
                      > To discontinue receiving discussion, but still receive announcements, go
                      > http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/Ayreton/ join
                      and change your subscription to
                      > "Special Notices".  Activities coordinators, to get access
                      to post Special
                      > Notices, send a request to .
                      > Yahoo! Groups Links

                      Be a better friend, newshound, and

                    • Joanne Labny
                      Message 10 of 10 , Apr 29, 2008
                        This is just a gentle reminder that Grey Gargoyles, or
                        any of the Shires, will lose any status by becoming
                        Cantons. Shires and Cantons have the same ranking in
                        the OP.

                        Writer's note, since emails can sometimes be read the
                        wrong way because tone of voice and emotions do not
                        come a across in writing. Please do not take this the
                        wrong way. This email was only meant as a statement
                        of fact and is no way attempting to be mean, nasty or
                        in anyway negative. This is just what happens when
                        your peer was Minister of Protocol for many years. :o)

                        Fiona