Proto-Incipient Baronial Election Results

  • Craig
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 26, 2008
      Greetings All from Master Philip White!

      I bring word of our elected slate of proto-incipient Baronial
      officers.

      First, on behalf of our groups, I would like to thank the members of
      Ravenslake for counting our ballots.

      As well, thanks are owed to the group seneschals and their helpers
      for securing our site, advertising the election, and collecting proxy
      votes. This includes our Towne Cryer for posting on our list and also
      to our acting virtual scribe for posting the meeting and candidate
      information online.

      Well-deserved thanks to everyone who volunteered for offices as
      well. Please continue to offer your services – this is a big part of
      what shows that we can be a Barony. Remember, we are not there yet,
      so every step forward brings us closer to that goal.

      On to the results…

      Proto-incipient Baronial name:

      Barony of Ayreton

      Proto-incipient Baronial officers:

      Seneschal: Master Philip White
      Exchequer: Mistress Margherita Alessia
      Minister of Arts and Sciences: Dame Nicholaa Halden
      Knights Marshal: Lord Henry of Exeter
      Rapier Marshal: Master Christian Fournier
      Archery Marshal: Lord Wolfram von Waldersbach
      Chatelaine: Lady Hillary of Langeforde
      Chronicler: Mistress Gianetta Andreini da Vicenza
      Chirurgeon: Honorable Lord Seathan Morchuiseach MacDhabhidh
      Herald: Honorable Lady Phebe Bandai

      Proto-incipient Baronial device:

      More information to come on clarification for the status of our
      device. But for now, the two receiving the most votes were #10 and
      #12 on the ballot.

      #10: Per pale vert and azure, a laurel wreath surrounded by five 6-
      pointed mullets in annulo argent.

      #12: Per Fess Sable & Azure, a bezant countercharged, surrounded by
      the obligatory laurel wreath.

      For reference: http://www.treegirtsea.com/devices/devices.html

      Well done, everyone!

      Thanks to all who voted by proxy and in person. We had a large
      turnout and a wonderful show of support for the Baronial effort.
      Thanks to those who got the directional signs up. The meeting today
      was great fun with people from all of our groups enjoying each other,
      talking and playing games. The snack items were also appreciated!
      There has not been a decision on where we will meet next, but I will
      post more about our closing meeting from today soon.

      Your Servant to Command,
      ~p.w.
    • Susan Earley
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 26, 2008
        For device #12, the picture and the words don't match. The words for the
        picture on the website would something like:
        Per fess Sable and Azure, a sun in splendor issuant from the fess surrounded
        by a laurel wreath Or.

        To make the picture match the words, the sun wouldn't have any rays (a
        bezant is just a gold circle/coin), and the top half of the circle would be
        blue and the bottom half black (counterchanged means the colors are switched
        from the background colors).

        Ghita
        Amateur herald

        #12 on the ballot.

        #10: Per pale vert and azure, a laurel wreath surrounded by five 6-
        pointed mullets in annulo argent.

        #12: Per Fess Sable & Azure, a bezant countercharged, surrounded by
        the obligatory laurel wreath.

        For reference: http://www.treegirtsea.com/devices/devices.html
      • Jen Small
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 26, 2008

          Just to clarify, the words on the website haven't been updated, but the device that was voted upon was the picture.  Here's the emblazon that was on the ballot:

          Per fess sable and azure within a laurel wreath Or a demi-sun issuant from fess

          #12 on the ballot.

          #10: Per pale vert and azure, a laurel wreath surrounded by five 6-
          pointed mullets in annulo argent.

          #12: Per Fess Sable & Azure, a bezant countercharged, surrounded by